Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

BEV Cabin Heater comparison

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I currently own a 2015 Nissan Leaf and live in northern Quebec (Canada). My Leaf gives enough cabin heat until -15 Celcius (5F) but is much less powerful beyond that. How Tesla compares to that? I wouldn't want to have to dress as on snowmobiles in my car for long distances.

I currently own a 2015 Nissan Leaf and live in northern Quebec (Canada). My Leaf gives enough cabin heat until -15 Celcius (5F) but is much less powerful beyond that. How Tesla compares to that? I wouldn't want to have to dress as on snowmobiles in my car for long distances.
The 2015 leaf uses a heat pump which has limitations when its really cold (there's nowhere to dump the excess cold)
It works great for most of the other times though.
Seat/steering wheel heaters are your friend :)

There are several old threads about winter driving in general with the Model S. I do not recall any complaints from Canadian or Norweigian owners.

In my Chevy Volt, I extend my EV range with the seat heaters and a $25 electric blanket from Amazon that plugs into the cigarette lighter. I would love to have a heated steering wheel. All EVs should have them as standard equipment.

GSP