Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Blink network

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Agree wholeheartedly. This makes for a stronger network of public chargers.

I own one of the first Blink home chargers, purchased in Feb 2011 for my Leaf, so I hoped that Blink would continue in business so I could get replacement parts as needed. Blink sent me a new boot SD card a few months back when an update corrupted the original. Last night we got the following email from Blink:

Important News About Blink

As you may have heard, Car Charging Group (“CarCharging”) just acquired the Blink Network and all of the Blink related assets. If you aren’t already familiar with CarCharging, we have been in the EV charging business since 2009 and are the owner of the largest independent public EV charging station network.

CarCharging has always been committed to supporting the EV industry and we want to assure you that the Blink charging stations will continue to operate. We will work as quickly as possible to rectify any outstanding issues in order to elevate the Blink stations and network to the highest quality standard.

If you have an urgent maintenance issue (i.e. your charger does not work), please contact the Blink Call Center at (888) 998-2546 and we will do our best to resolve the issue as soon as possible.

We appreciate your support and we look forward to serving you! Charge on!

Michael D. Farkas
Chief Executive Officer
CarCharging

Not a Super Charging network of course, but still good to see these assets moving forward

Car Charging Group Scoops Up Ecotality Assets For A Trickle | EarthTechling

To add to the above:

CarCharging Engages National Network of Electricians and Resumes Servicing of Blink EV Charging Stations

CarCharging is proud to announce that servicing of the Blink charging stations is already well underway. Since it’s purchase of the Blink Network and all Blink-related assets a little more than a month ago, CarCharging’s service team has successfully restored service to more than 200 highly-utilized Blink public EV charging stations, including Level II and DC Fast chargers, in California, New Jersey, Tennessee, and the greater metropolitan areas of Philadelphia, Phoenix, and Portland, Oregon.

Locations of the Blink EV charging stations that were serviced and are now available include:
San Francisco: Facebook, Evernote, Intuit, Volkswagen (Belmont), Good Earth Market, and City of Hayward.
Los Angeles: IKEA (Carson), Ralph’s (Marina del Rey), Loyola Marymount University, City of West Hollywood, The Grove.
New Jersey: Rutgers University and Johnson & Johnson Health Care Systems.
Tennessee: City of Knoxville, Trillium Cove Shopping Village, The Avenue (Murfreesboro Shopping Center), Oak Ridge National Laboratory, The Chattanoogan Hotel, McDonald’s (Hendersonville), and various Cracker Barrel locations.
Philadelphia: Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia, Liberty Place Garage, Philadelphia Horticultural Society, and Parkway Corporation.
Phoenix: AAA (Chandler), American Lung Association, Phoenix Hospital, and Two Renaissance Square.
Portland: various Kohl’s and Fred Meyer locations, IKEA, Hilton (Eugene), City of Gresham, Clackamas Community College, Mercantile Medical Plaza, and Zipcar.

“Since we acquired the Blink assets, it has been our primary goal to rectify the existing maintenance issues and we are delighted to have already begun completing service requests,” said Michael D. Farkas, CEO of CarCharging. “As an EV driver myself, I understand the need for reliable and consistent charging, and we want to assure our hosts and customers that we are committed to completing the service requests in all areas as quickly as possible.”

CarCharging has engaged a national network of trained electricians to service the Blink EV charging services and is actively expanding service operations across the Blink Network into Seattle, Chicago, Northern California, Georgia, Oregon, Texas, Washington, and other regions throughout the country. Blink customers with existing service tickets will be contacted directly in order to schedule service. CarCharging will honor the Blink equipment warranties and in order to provide charging capabilities to as many electric cars as possible, service for the most utilized public charging stations will receive first priority.

Users can pinpoint EV charging station locations using the maps at Electric vehicle EV charging serviceCarCharging | Convenient EV Charging Services and Blink.

Blink - Blink HQ Home Charger

Please be advised that from Friday, December 20th (9pm PST) to Saturday, December 21st, we will be making enhancements to the Blink Network. Blink EV Charging Stations will be operational during this time; however, certain features will NOT be able during the upgrade. These features include:

• Blink Mobile Application – The charging locations map and charging status information will not be available.
• Blink Guest Codes – Public charging stations will only be accessible with a Blink InCard.
• Blink Network Portal – Access to Blink account information will not be available.

We anticipate that all features will be available on Sunday, December 22nd. We apologize for any inconvenience while we upgrade our platform. Should you need immediate assistance, please contact Customer Support at (888) 998-Blink (2546

Blink Network - Planned Maintenance
View this email in your browser

Blink - Blink HQ Home Charger

Please be advised that on Sunday, January 26th at 5am PST we will be making enhancements to the Blink Network. Blink EV Charging Stations will be operational during this time; however, certain features will NOT be available for approximately 45 minutes. These features include:

• Blink Mobile Application – The charging locations map and charging status information will not be available.
• Blink Guest Codes – Public charging stations will only be accessible with a Blink InCard.
• Blink Network Portal – Access to Blink account information will not be available.

We apologize for any inconvenience while we upgrade our platform. Should you need immediate assistance, please contact Customer Support at (888) 998-Blink (2546).