Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bluetooth setting “Sync Messages” disables itself

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m experiencing a rather odd problem where every few weeks I have to open the Bluetooth settings in order to enable “sync messages” for my device. It’ll work great for another few weeks and then I notice that I’m no longer receiving messages on the center screen. Sure enough, I check the Bluetooth settings and its somehow disabled itself. Anyone else see this behavior?

OP to answer your question, yep, others are experiencing that (including myself). Its totally in the category of "1st world problem" for SURE, but it IS a bit annoying. I usually dont notice it until I am already on the road, and trying to use voice to text to send my wife a text message telling her I am on the way home or something.

At that point, I dont jab at the screen to try to turn it on (the bluetooth symbol is somewhat small on the screen, and I dont like trying to do stuff like that while in motion). I havent tried to see if voice commands can open that menu, though......

I will have to try that.

Anyway, yeah it happens, and no idea why. I suspect it has to do something with bluetooth protocol handshakes between the phone and car, but no idea why it turns off sometimes. It also sometimes has the phone connection turned off too, at least for me.