Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Camera Angle Questionable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a concern about FSD working from a stop sign on a secondary road. The B pillar cameras do no look far enough to the side for adequate cross traffic check. We as drivers rotate our heads up to 90 degrees to check for cross traffic. I am concerned that the existing Tesla cameras do not have a 90 degree view to adequately check for cross traffic before pulling out from a stop sign. What has been anyone’s experience with FSD Beta? Do you feel safe pulling out from a stop sign?

Reactions: beachmiles
I have a concern about FSD working from a stop sign on a secondary road. The B pillar cameras do no look far enough to the side for adequate cross traffic check. We as drivers rotate our heads up to 90 degrees to check for cross traffic. I am concerned that the existing Tesla cameras do not have a 90 degree view to adequately check for cross traffic before pulling out from a stop sign. What has been anyone’s experience with FSD Beta? Do you feel safe pulling out from a stop sign?
The camera is a foot or two behind your head, how is that different than having a hood that is a foot or two longer?
Anyway I hope no one feels safe pulling out from a stop sign with FSD beta, the failure rate looks absurdly high...

The camera is a foot or two behind your head, how is that different than having a hood that is a foot or two longer?
Anyway I hope no one feels safe pulling out from a stop sign with FSD beta, the failure rate looks absurdly high...
I agree with the location. Although, more toward the front of the vehicle would be better. I guess we haven’t seen video from the B pillar camera. So I will hold comments until we do. The camera seems to be pointed toward the front of the car, but maybe it is an illusion.

Stop sign maneuvers and unprotected left turns require the most judgement from a driver. You have to determine the speed and distance of the other vehicles. Tesla has not impressed me so far with ability to do this. I.e. changing lanes in front of a semi going 20 mph faster than me

Last edited:
Reactions: beachmiles