Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Car Show 'Poster' for Center Screen

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have my car at car shows regularly, and I noticed many ICE vehicles have a poster outside describing features of the vehicle. With the big center screen (and a web browser) available to us S and X owners, I decided to do up a sort of 'car show poster' (plus, being digital, it is much easier to keep current, since Tesla continually improves things).

I've done some very basic regionalization's:
Canada: Car Show ‘Digital Poster’ – Canada
USA: Car Show ‘Digital Poster’ – USA
Europe: Car Show ‘Digital Poster’ – Europe
Asia: Car Show ‘Digital Poster’ – Asia
Australia/NZ: Car Show ‘Digital Poster’ – Australia

To work within the restrictive confines of the Tesla MCU (I have v1) and web browser (and my lack of skills!), I've had to make some concessions… low res images to keep file sizes down, and REALLY low res 'videos'. I had some additional videos featuring autopilot and things, but the MCU would periodically freeze/reboot, so I've left just two.

Given that the purpose of this is to have info displayed to people peering in via windows/trunk (I open the trunk and lower half the seats, to make the screen more visible to young children), I feel the low res is acceptable. It is also useful when giving test rides.

I've tried to make this fairly generic, with info for all owners (starting price, top range, best performance). I've kept the energy products and Semi out of scope (for now).

Feedback and suggestions are fine, but unless it's easy, I may not make changes - what I have works for me, and that was the main purpose!

Hopefully, others find this useful, now that car show season is upon us.