Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Changing Fan Speed in the Tesla App

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I apologize if this has been discussed elsewhere, I was unable to find it.

On a cold day when leaving work, it is always great to be able to go to my phone and turn the heat on to my desired temperature in the car. However, if while driving to work, I turn my fan speed down, that seems to be the fastest speed the HVAC will use to heat (or cool) the car from the App. I would be happy with just a button that allowed a press to turn on Auto (although completely controlling the fan speed would be ideal). Other than always remembering to turn the fan back to auto when getting out of the car, has anyone found a workaround to be able to control the fan speed as well as the temperature? And if not, if there are any Tesla Devs reading this, please include this in an update of the Tesla App (along with the ability to control the passenger side vent being on or off with or without a passenger sitting in the seat).

I apologize if this has been discussed elsewhere, I was unable to find it.

On a cold day when leaving work, it is always great to be able to go to my phone and turn the heat on to my desired temperature in the car. However, if while driving to work, I turn my fan speed down, that seems to be the fastest speed the HVAC will use to heat (or cool) the car from the App. I would be happy with just a button that allowed a press to turn on Auto (although completely controlling the fan speed would be ideal). Other than always remembering to turn the fan back to auto when getting out of the car, has anyone found a workaround to be able to control the fan speed as well as the temperature? And if not, if there are any Tesla Devs reading this, please include this in an update of the Tesla App (along with the ability to control the passenger side vent being on or off with or without a passenger sitting in the seat).

That is not correct. When you turn the system on through the app that it automatically goes into AUTO mode. What you are seeing is that when you get in the car is that it reverts to your previous settings. This is normal behavior and has been this way since the beginning. The only note I will say is that the seat heaters ONLY activate when triggered by the occupancy sensor in the individual seat.

Reactions: ChimpledPot
That is not correct. When you turn the system on through the app that it automatically goes into AUTO mode. What you are seeing is that when you get in the car is that it reverts to your previous settings. This is normal behavior and has been this way since the beginning. The only note I will say is that the seat heaters ONLY activate when triggered by the occupancy sensor in the individual seat.
Thank you. I was unaware of that, as the heating of my vehicle is much different when I remember to leave it on 10 vs when I forget. I may have one of my children help me test it out. However, the seat heaters are activated when I turn them on from the app, as the seat is quite toasty when I get to the car. This has been the case, for me at least, since I think 2019.