Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Check Bolt EV soon to be available but charging could still be an issue!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok so it does 235 miles on a charge. So what? How long will it take to charge at a level 2?
I've seen a report that it does one hour at 80%. That's twice as long as a Tesla. Plus, finding a level two charger that isn't occupied is a concern.
Also, very little cargo space, and the Bolt sure is an ugly car.
I'll stick with Tesla products thank you very much!

Ok so it does 235 miles on a charge. So what? How long will it take to charge at a level 2?
I've seen a report that it does one hour at 80%. That's twice as long as a Tesla. Plus, finding a level two charger that isn't occupied is a concern.
Also, very little cargo space, and the Bolt sure is an ugly car.
I'll stick with Tesla products thank you very much!
Did we really need a new thread? Charging discussions have dominated the existing threads. Nothing new.

Do you really want an honest discussion or just bash the Bolt?

I am willing to bet that Tesla will open up their Supercharger network by offering a Supercharger to CCS / CHAdeMO adapter for non-Tesla vehicles. Tesla has long said they would like other auto makers to use their connector standard and it seems they are ready to try and monetize their Supercharger network. The simplest way to do this is via an adapter one would buy. It may cost $2,500 (similar to what it costs currently to enable Supercharging) or it may work on a time or kWh basis as is being proposed for Model 3.

Reactions: Jaff