Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Clunk noise while turning the wheel full turn?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,
I have installed UPP Luxury Suspension kit with their mild springs on my Y Performance from 2023 and I noticed a clunk noise while turning the wheel full turn which can be heard from outside (front left side) but is louder inside the cabin.

Have anyone encounter the same issue and how did you fix it?

Hello,
I have installed UPP Luxury Suspension kit with their mild springs on my Y Performance from 2023 and I noticed a clunk noise while turning the wheel full turn which can be heard from outside (front left side) but is louder inside the cabin.

Have anyone encounter the same issue and how did you fix it?
Yes sound like i have same sound when i go up or down a driveway. Trying to figure out cause as well

Yes sound like i have same sound when i go up or down a driveway. Trying to figure out cause as well
Hi, I ended up removing from the car whole set of upp luxury suspension kit because those have a lot of issues. Apart of clunking/pinging noise of springs all the time including as you said on driveway and acc/decceleration at low speed, one of the rear dampers was defective - compression rebound was very slow and different from the other damper. After a month of slow response from UPP over the emails, they trying to make me at fault. Anyway, they decided to replace rear dampers but I am insisting in full set replacement or refund. The mild dual rate springs I bought from UK am I am trying to refund as well but I am at loss paying twice the shipping ad custom duty fees...
You can see in the pictures how badly the coils where thouching against them after 3 weeks of driving/1000 miles.

I am very dissapointed on customer support because are very slow at replying to emails and not only to me but also to the sellers from where I purchased them. I went back to stock suspension because the binging noise was killing me.

As a comparison, Tein support is replying whitin a day while UPP at least one week to get a reply.

Attachments

• 2.jpeg
    2.jpeg
    329.7 KB · Views: 2
  • 1.jpeg
    1.jpeg
    265.8 KB · Views: 1