Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Continuous nags when driving behind a truck today

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Strange thing happened to me on the way to work today. I drive this road a LOT. Two lanes each direction, separated by a big fence/barrier. I have 95k miles on my 2019 M3, and at least 80% has been on AP. So I'm no stranger to how things work. Today was completely unusual. I was behind a large truck--kind of like an 18-wheeler, but not with 18 wheels. (I do have my cabin camera covered, as I have for a couple of years. Not sure if that is relevant.) I was getting constant nags. Like I mean, constant. Less than one second between nags and it continued the entire time I was behind this truck, for about 90 seconds. Then it stopped. Not a concern, but curious if anyone else has seen this. In all those AP miles, I have never had it happen.

I have seen frequent nags when the car is in situations it’s not comfortable with, including construction zones, but not as frequent as yours. If you’re getting nagged every second or less you might not be responding to the nag properly.

I'm not surprised. The nags do vary based on how complex the current driving situation is, but sometimes strange things happen. I had the opposite occur and drove for 20 miles with no nags despite my hands being of the wheel a few months ago. Then, the car put up a notice that it detected a defeat device on the wheel!

In the OPs instance, perhaps a disengagement would clear the issue after reengaging.