Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Coronavirus

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This reminds me of the stories I saw saying that men can have COVID infections stay in their testicles longer than other parts of the body. Perhaps men may remain contagious longer.

or how shingles stays in your body inactive until.. ?

I really wouldn't worry about this, personally. I'm not saying that it's not possible, and for sure it seems prudent for infected people to be careful for a few weeks after they clear symptoms.

But I would not worry about it, at all. Getting the disease from someone who is infectious is a much bigger concern.

Viruses like to lurk...

Coronavirus is not a retrovirus like HIV, etc., so this is not a concern for COVID, is my understanding. It's an RNA virus.

It uses RdRP (RNA-dependent RNA polymerase) to reproduce, and does not take over cell machinery via incorporation into DNA and transcription from that source.

In general, for viruses, this IS a concern, though. For example, HPV (a DNA virus!) integrates into the genome and often part of its genome results in an oncogene and is thought to be a main driver of cervical cancer.

Hence, the reason it is important for young people to get vaccinated against HPV - both male and female - it can reduce the risk of cervical cancer.

Last edited:

A lot of virus particles at the 3:14 mark or so. (That's probably a fatal dose!) At least he's outside. Not a lot of doubt about who is the superspreader!

No live interviews or videos yet...

Screen Shot 2020-10-07 at 3.13.30 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-10-07 at 3.13.40 PM.png

So Regeneron is created as I understand with human and mice foetal embryos. So he’s all in on that now?

As a therapeutic (trump says cure) how fast can Regeneron be manufactured in what kind of quantities? No idea how long this kind of product takes. Also for those in the know was this the compassionate drug used and if so what stage of trials is it in?

A lot of virus particles at the 3:14 mark or so. (That's probably a fatal dose!) At least he's outside. Not a lot of doubt about who is the superspreader!

No live interviews or videos yet...

View attachment 596296 View attachment 596297

what’s with the red circled areas in the photos you posted?

There’s a Twitter Video Link in the article I posted above. About 4:30+ minutes long.

what’s with the red circled areas in the photos you posted?

I have a keen eye for fatal doses of coronavirus, let's just put it that way. And that's just the stuff you can see!

There’s a Twitter Video Link in the article I posted above.

It's a pre-recorded video - it is not a live audio or video interview (though I do expect one of those within the next few days, inshallah).

I see from a Newsweek article on Apple News (not showing up on Newsweek’s site yet) that after 2 negative test results Rudi is taking
hydroxychloroquine. The interview was on Bloomberg TV.

“In a Wednesday interview, Rudy Giuliani, lawyer to Republican President Donald Trump, revealed that he is taking the anti-malaria medication hydroxychloroquine in order to prevent a possible COVID-19 infection. The drug has not been medically proven to prevent or treat any symptoms of coronavirus.

....Giuliani said he would receive another COVID-19 on Friday and added, "My doctor has already prescribed hydroxychloroquine which I'm taking every day now for five days as a prophylactic."”

I see from a Newsweek article on Apple News (not showing up on Newsweek’s site yet) that after 2 negative test results Rudi is taking
hydroxychloroquine. The interview was on Bloomberg TV.

“In a Wednesday interview, Rudy Giuliani, lawyer to Republican President Donald Trump, revealed that he is taking the anti-malaria medication hydroxychloroquine in order to prevent a possible COVID-19 infection. The drug has not been medically proven to prevent or treat any symptoms of coronavirus.

....Giuliani said he would receive another COVID-19 on Friday and added, "My doctor has already prescribed hydroxychloroquine which I'm taking every day now for five days as a prophylactic."”
It will keep 100% of the elephants away, guaranteed.
Robin

• Informative
Reactions: Dr. J and madodel
I don't think contact tracing is realistic at current infection levels. But I could be mistaken.

by definition thats really difficult to tell because.

Effective contact tracing denies coronavirus the chance to grow anyway. (ie NSW)
Ineffective contact tracing doesn't seem to magically work better once the spread has developed (ie Victoria)

If a state has good test, trace & isolate, then it never gets to a widespread stage anyway....

bigger issue is that effective contact tracing seems incompatible with effective lockdown, its one or the other.
so the choice is

weak lockdown with strong contact tracing (NSW)
or
strong lockdown with weak contact tracing (Victoria)

or weak lockdown and weak contact tracing (Europe and USA)

or brutal lockdown and brutal tracing (China)

• Disagree
Reactions: TespaceX
So Regeneron is created as I understand with human and mice foetal embryos. So he’s all in on that now?

As a therapeutic (trump says cure) how fast can Regeneron be manufactured in what kind of quantities? No idea how long this kind of product takes. Also for those in the know was this the compassionate drug used and if so what stage of trials is it in?
Trump’s antibody treatment was tested using cells originally derived from an abortion The Trump administration has looked to curtail research with fetal cells. But when it was life or death for the president, no one objected.
Trump’s antibody treatment was tested using cells originally derived from an abortion

So there’s been a lot of post-debate conversation about Pence’s left eye looking possibly like pink eye, a symptom of covid. I noticed that his left eye’s pupil is much larger than his right’s. So is this significant in any way? Two different views:

ABE2340E-DF99-4B6D-8925-BBC2EA4BB4CB.jpeg

F5697146-44FC-4563-A2B4-A99C9BB53F81.jpeg

I looked up past images of him and his pupils looked to be the same size in prior photos BTW.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: MitchMitch and JRP3