Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Depressing trend in EV's..

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not really. The whole selling point of a PHEV is plugging in at home so you can commute on electric but have gas for longer trips.

What’s the point of a PHEV if you only rely on public charging? Who’s going to plug in for a couple hours in public every day just for 30-40 miles of range? Ain’t nobody got time for that.

That’s a really crappy ownership experience and will just make people never plug in and never want a BEV.
While I and my family are all in on EV exclusively and have found no limitations even with a travel type career I did manage a good 10 years with a gen 1 Honda Insight averaging 75 MPG. Fully accomplished my needs with no charging infrastructure need.

ao reason is multiple charging systems, go to evgo electrifyamerica tesla etc and you could end up w all sort of ports availability and lack thereof for a specific car... inefficient setup from getgo...

also, in many locations of many cities, tesla chargers are far less numerous than evgo or electrifyamerica ccs charger locations... thus even w a tesla it s not a sure win...

Last edited: