Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon & Twitter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm somewhat sympathetic to the idea.

If a scientist puts out a tweet about a particular niche idea / new fact about climate change - and wants to have discussions with other scientists, whats the point of having a bunch of climate change deniers sh*t posting in the replies ? Something like this is all too common ...
This is total BS. There was a period of time when a lot of Twitter posters with high follower count were complaining that suddenly many of their followers were not seeing their tweets on time. Musk asked his team to fix that algorithm and use him as a Guinea pig to test it. Media lies as usual.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Helpful
Reactions: Krugerrand
1684871471053.png

$250 a year and that is a special offer from CNBS... Really ? For the lies they peddle ?

No.. thanks. I will pay $92 a year and get better news more closer to truth and that are least inaccurate, and opinions across the spectrum, which are fact checked by Twitter Community Notes.

I'm somewhat sympathetic to the idea.

If a scientist puts out a tweet about a particular niche idea / new fact about climate change - and wants to have discussions with other scientists, whats the point of having a bunch of climate change deniers sh*t posting in the replies ? Something like this is all too common ...
You can already choose to limit who can reply to your tweets. Frankly if you want to have a serious discussion with other scientists don't use Twitter at all.

[Self-redirected from the Investor's forum] -- this is about "Tesla & Twitter" as much as
"Elon & Twitter" I suppose. I see here sporadic mentions of very prolific (900K+ followers)
Twitter poster Prof. Seth Abramson, a very well-credentialed (law + assorted grad degrees)
early adopter of the "mega thread", for want of a better term.

He's written several perceptive political books about the execrable U.S. ex-president as an indie "curatorial journalist", which I've read.

Now his pinned tweet, of 150 entries or so, is centered on EM, highlighting dozens of MSM
articles about Tesla/Musk. I mind the Tesla-bashing and have commented there, as TSLA
has been taken hostage to Seth's EM-bashing (all due to Twitter 2.0's reinstatement
of those who peddle hate/disinfo, although perhaps "legal" in different countries.) It's the
usual brew about BEV fires, questioning FSDb safety, TSLA short-term stock wiggles, etc.

From my perspective, EM's juvenile egging-on of stuff in the interest of "engagement"
seems dumb, possibly hurtful (Pelosi incident, Tucker Carlson-like "just questioning" of
gun-toting crazies, etc.) and appears unhelpful at least for Tesla's brand. At the same time,
although the other's reach is lesser, it all creates (speaking for myself only) a cognitive dissonance.

Of course this is not new, per investor Ron Baron's "get an ice cream cone" letter to Elon in the "funding secured" trial:

End rant, for now. It's at the intersection of Elon, Twitter, and Tesla, but is not specific enough
to the investor's forum, so the mod over there is sending these type of concerns to here.

Last edited:
Twitter poster Prof. Seth Abramson, a very well-credentialed (law + assorted grad degrees)
has posted a monster thread of pretty much all the FUD that has been thrown at Elon and Tesla and Elon's other companies over the years. I've read through it. It's massive, and almost all various flavors of false (expect for the Twitter complaints). But there it is.

... Now his pinned tweet, of 150 entries or so, is centered on EM, highlighting dozens of MSM
articles about Tesla/Musk. I mind the Tesla-bashing and have commented there, as TSLA
has been taken hostage to Seth's EM-bashing (all due to Twitter 2.0's reinstatement
of those who peddle hate/disinfo, although perhaps "legal" in different countries.) It's the
usual brew about BEV fires, questioning FSDb safety, TSLA short-term stock wiggles, etc.

From my perspective, EM's juvenile egging-on of stuff in the interest of "engagement"
seems dumb, possibly hurtful ... and appears unhelpful at least for Tesla's brand. At the same time,
although the other's reach is lesser, it all creates (speaking for myself only) a cognitive dissonance.
For me too.
Of course this is not new, per investor Ron Baron's "get an ice cream cone" letter to Elon in the "funding secured" trial:

End rant, for now. It's at the intersection of Elon, Twitter, and Tesla, but is not specific enough
to the investor's forum, so the mod over there is sending these type of concerns to here.
There is more and more of this kind of reaction to Elon out there getting amplified. And people seem to be associating it with Tesla, hence the recent steep drop in Tesla's reputation.

The electric vehicle manufacturer headed by Elon Musk fell 50 spots to No. 62 out of 100 companies on the list, putting it in the "good" category, according to the score guide. Tesla received "excellent" scores in the trajectory, vision, and products and services categories — and a "very good" score in growth.

The automaker's dip comes as competitor Ford Motor jumped nine spots to land at No. 32. Meanwhile, more broadly, respondents to the survey chose Patagonia and Costco as the US's No. 1 and No. 2 most reputable brands. They looked more negatively upon another one of Musk's companies, giving Twitter a ranking of No. 97 — just three spots above the survey's laggard, ....

As for Tesla, it earned "fair" scores for character, trust, and citizenship. Since 2016, Tesla's reputational rank has trended between "excellent" and "very good," according to the survey results.

has posted a monster thread of pretty much all the FUD that has been thrown at Elon and Tesla and Elon's other companies over the years. I've read through it. It's massive, and almost all various flavors of false (expect for the Twitter complaints). But there it is.

For me too.

There is more and more of this kind of reaction to Elon out there getting amplified. And people seem to be associating it with Tesla, hence the recent steep drop in Tesla's reputation.

The electric vehicle manufacturer headed by Elon Musk fell 50 spots to No. 62 out of 100 companies on the list, putting it in the "good" category, according to the score guide. Tesla received "excellent" scores in the trajectory, vision, and products and services categories — and a "very good" score in growth.

The automaker's dip comes as competitor Ford Motor jumped nine spots to land at No. 32. Meanwhile, more broadly, respondents to the survey chose Patagonia and Costco as the US's No. 1 and No. 2 most reputable brands. They looked more negatively upon another one of Musk's companies, giving Twitter a ranking of No. 97 — just three spots above the survey's laggard, ....

As for Tesla, it earned "fair" scores for character, trust, and citizenship. Since 2016, Tesla's reputational rank has trended between "excellent" and "very good," according to the survey results.
Thanks for posting the last link. So now there is a ranking that shows clearly Tesla's reputation going down (instead of previous ones that didn't include the period after the Twitter purchase). I'm sure the people that continually insist Tesla is unaffected will continue to deny this however.

If that's the case, why is the last few posts about Tesla?
The last few posts are about the Twitter purchase and Elon's Twitter shenanigans' effect on Tesla's reputation (and finances, stock price, etc), which I presume is the main purpose of this thread in the first place.

As opposed to simply linking tweets by random people that posted about Elon. I think that difference was what was pointed out.

For example, I have linked plenty of tweets (some even by Elon) made about Tesla in other threads, but that doesn't mean it would be on topic on this thread, simply because it was a tweet posted on Twitter. It depends on if the tweet itself has to do with the topic as above.

Last edited:
The last few posts are about the Twitter purchase and Elon's Twitter shenanigans' effect on Tesla's reputation (and finances, stock price, etc), which I presume is the main purpose of this thread in the first place.

As opposed to simply linking tweets by random people that posted about Elon. I think that difference was what was pointed out.

For example, I have linked plenty of tweets (some even by Elon) made about Tesla in other threads, but that doesn't mean it would be on topic on this thread, simply because it was a tweet posted on Twitter. It depends on if the tweet itself has to do with the topic as above.
What you posted has nothing to do with twitter, there's no evidence to show Tesla's drop in the poll has anything to do with twitter.

Thanks for posting the last link. So now there is a ranking that shows clearly Tesla's reputation going down (instead of previous ones that didn't include the period after the Twitter purchase). I'm sure the people that continually insist Tesla is unaffected will continue to deny this however.
This has nothing to do with twitter or Elon, Tesla's place in this poll dropped by 39 places and its score reduced by 6.2 points (larger than this year's change of 5.2 points) in 2019: https://www.axios.com/2019/03/06/axios-harris-poll-corporate-reputations

Did Elon Musk buy twitter in 2019? No. Did he have any "Twitter shenanigans" in 2019? Also no.

And people claim Twitter has no freedom of speech or is an Elon Musk echo chamber...

Yup, the same people who said there was no proof Elon's Twitter activities affected Tesla now ignore the proof provided, massive price cuts, lower brand ranking, and of course all the personal reports of people being turned off to the brand directly attributed to said activities.

Status
Not open for further replies.