Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon & Twitter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can’t believe so many think Twitter under Elon will actually save humanity.
1666666653622.png

I still want to know if Jack Dorsey is still in on the deal after Elon accused him of running a massive fraud. haha.

TWTR back to near the purchase price. Sort of looking like I'm going to lose another bet with @AlanSubie4Life...

Reactions: AlanSubie4Life
Start by resetting the algorithm and immediately put all blue checkmarks into account review before allowing them to post again as a verified user.

Will that stop the misinformation by Ye? Trump? Other troublemakers?

Will that stop Ye from posting ‘death con 3 to all the JEWISH’ people?

Please, be realistic. On one hand, Elon blithely states ‘free speech absolutism’, and in the same breath, states he will abide by the rules of the government where he operates.

Whatever hell those mean.

See, he doesn’t have a clear idea. He has some vague notions of making Twitter better, monetize the platform, roll it into “X”.. I’m sure all those promises get the fanboys hearts racing, but to neutral parties, they sound like snake oil being sold.

Will that stop the misinformation by Ye? Trump? Other troublemakers?

Will that stop Ye from posting ‘death con 3 to all the JEWISH’ people?

Please, be realistic. On one hand, Elon blithely states ‘free speech absolutism’, and in the same breath, states he will abide by the rules of the government where he operates.

Whatever hell those mean.

See, he doesn’t have a clear idea. He has some vague notions of making Twitter better, monetize the platform, roll it into “X”.. I’m sure all those promises get the fanboys hearts racing, but to neutral parties, they sound like snake oil being sold.
As far as I’m concerned, if he bought it just to burn it down and urinate on the ashes he’s doing a good deed. Money well spent and he would be absolved for overpromising on FSD.

As far as I’m concerned, if he bought it just to burn it down and urinate on the ashes he’s doing a good deed. Money well spent and he would be absolved for overpromising on FSD.
Burn $44B? thats a good deed? Trashing TSLA in the process? Laying waste to a company and thousands of employees?

How are those ‘good deeds’? I’m flabbergasted.

View attachment 867239
I still want to know if Jack Dorsey is still in on the deal after Elon accused him of running a massive fraud. haha.

TWTR back to near the purchase price. Sort of looking like I'm going to lose another bet with @AlanSubie4Life...
I’m just glad 28th is around the corner. Hope the movie ends on that day, as promised.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

"The letter demands that Musk commits to preserving Twitter’s current headcount if his takeover of the company goes through."

Um, yeah . . . . good luck with getting Twitter to try to amend the merger agreement at this point.

What will they do if he doesn't? Quit?
Hopefully. If they quit, they don't get unemployment benefits and severance, etc. From a "saving money" standpoint, it's far preferable for unwanted employees to quit than to have to fire them. Best thing for Elon would be mass resignations on the day the deal goes through.

Of all the people that I can choose to hire, I’m not going to pick someone who needs a designated cry closet.
It’s possible that some people at Twitter know more about Twitter and have a stronger grasp of security and misinformation issues than Elon does.

We’ll see how it goes!

Certainly most of the well compensated people working at Twitter have benefited handsomely so far from Elon’s interest; a real windfall. A severance package would be icing on the cake, arguably. But not everything is about money.

Status
Not open for further replies.