Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon & Twitter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Slippy slope. Who defines equal and fair? Can Elon define it? Remember Vivjaja Gadde once was the one who use to define it before she got fired. She had no oversight at all.

Perhaps you would be like to be one that gets to define it? What about others that disagree with you?

Regardless, imho there will be censorship. It will not be fair... just like before, but now there's a new "king".

Those that like this king will be happy, those that liked the old king will not. Same old, same old..
You make a good point. And it’s all speculative until it actually goes down.

I recall Elon saying he was going to make folks on both sides unhappy and that’s fine if it’s more balanced than it was under Gadde and the peanut gallery.

Where are they going to go? Facebook? Cable news? YouTube? Gab.com? Rumble? Msnbc.com? Cnn.com?

Websites like Twitter (pre Elon) are dying. Or have died.

Anywhere but where they have to pay to tweet. If they don’t go, they will tweet less.

There isn’t a whole lot of value to paying to tweet, and then it gets complete.y ignored. You try once, twice, then you wise up. 😀

Thats the nature of the internet. People want everything to be free. Especially something as fluff as tweeting.

What would happen if it cost a penny to tweet and you got a penny back for every 10 likes (unlikes counteract 10 likes)? Stops bots, makes you think about the quality of your tweet and incentivises people to use the platform. You could also be paid for viewing / clicking on ads (unless you pay to remove ads).

Also, I think that Twitter needs an additional "anonymous like". Twitter likes are public (unless you make your account private). Many people have a public "woke" persona and therefore don't want to like a tweet even if it means that they get to see more personalised content.

• Helpful
Reactions: 2daMoon
Trust me Elon's going to moderate Twitter. People always say they are going to allow free speech but 99.9999% of the time, they don't allow it.

Why do you think the founding fathers explicitly wrote about it in the American constitution after fighting a war where there was a good chance they would all be hung by a superior super power.

See he's already talking about a Facebook style moderation board.

I'm sure he will censor whatever he feels is bad for society as he sees fit. Just like Facebook. So yeah, rejoice. Twitter will be moderated. Don't worry about that.

Yeah I think we can all agree that Elon never really believed in free-speech-absolutism, he just wanted some assorted folks he happens to like (and who could not follow the content guidelines) to get to do their thing.

Is it as satisfying for y'all as it was for me seeing this? :)

1667070444032.png

Yeah I think we can all agree that Elon never really believed in free-speech-absolutism, he just wanted some assorted folks he happens to like (and who could not follow the content guidelines) to get to do their thing.
If Elon ever believed in free speech absolutism, he wouldn't have offered Jack Sweeney $5k to shut down his jet tracking account.

If Elon ever believed in free speech absolutism, he wouldn't have offered Jack Sweeney $5k to shut down his jet tracking account.

Elon clearly cited safety concerns in that, and made that public.

I know a former VP of Tesla, and those safety concerns are very real, and Elon spends a ton on security services because of them.

That's not true. Elon CLEARLY said within the confines of the law. There are tons of state and federal laws that have clear boundaries for threats of violence, etc.

We're talking about just publishing flight routes, which isn't illegal (in fact it's public info - the bot just organized it). but Elon wanted it banned.

That is not free speech absolutism. Elon is at best distorting the term. He wants free-speech mostly-ism, with a biases towards things he either likes, or doesn't like, personally.

We're talking about just publishing flight routes, which isn't illegal (in fact it's public info - the bot just organized it). but Elon wanted it banned.

That is not free speech absolutism. Elon is at best distorting the term. He wants free-speech mostly-ism, with a biases towards things he either likes, or doesn't like, personally.

You are shifting things. Elon did NOT ask for it to be banned. He asked for the guy to stop, even offered to pay him a modest sum to do so.

Stop moving the goalposts.

You are shifting things. Elon did NOT ask for it to be banned. He asked for the guy to stop, even offered to pay him a modest sum to do so.

Stop moving the goalposts.

Free speech absolutists don't ask people to stop speeching :)

Can we agree there is ample evidence of Elon opposing people's free speech when it suited him? That's the only point here which you seem to want to avoid accepting by insisting on not looking at all the different lines of evidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.