Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon & Twitter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
  1. Accelerate X.com - WeChat capabilities
OK. But I've always thought that following in someone's footsteps is a bad way to run a business that you want to dominate the market. Market leaders get there by innovating, not by copying. Businesses fail because they start copying instead of innovating.

1. Ensure freedom of speech across the world is not lost
Can't tell me that any of Twitter's moves since ownership change have changed this notably.

1. Provide a fun and educational platform that can serve as a town hall to as many people as possible. One where a kid in Africa can change the world by saying something of unique value that goes viral.
For me and a lot of others, Twitter has become significantly less fun and informative than it used to be.

And no kid in Africa is going to shell out $8/mo for a blue checkmark.

Reactions: DrGriz and JRP3
Ensure freedom of speech across the world is not lost
It's failing miserably at this.
Provide a fun and educational platform that can serve as a town hall to as many people as possible. One where a kid in Africa can change the world by saying something of unique value that goes viral.
Unless they say something Elon doesn't like.

For all the tantrums none of the high followers count (the ones that actually tweet) will leave.

They are addicted. They know the power of a tweet and the dopamine rush it brings knowing a million of their followers are reading it and liking it and forwarding it, all in a matter or minutes.

If they are upset and feel ashamed that their free blue check is now one among million peasants that paid for it , let them leave permanently.

But they won’t. They can’t.

I know you are just here to troll us, but...

This seems to be the education of the libertarian in real-time. It's almost like Elon actually does not understand the first principles of social media.

Elon's mission with Twitter is not to make money

Elon's actions strongly contradict this.

I know it's something he's said diverges completely from what he's done so far.

Anytime there's been a decision between free speech and profit he chooses profit. The only goal he has that seems to be as of a priority is owning the libs.

The more entertaining situations of all of this occurs when he has to choose between profit and owning the libs.

The virtual signaling celebrities' are all upset and want to quit Twitter because, Twitter is suddenly full of hate, racists, sexists and run amuck by trolls. It is unbearable. And why are they saying it? Because the media said so. It is not their personal experience that the blue check for peasants has made Twitter a cesspool, but they keep reading it in the media that Twitter has become a cesspool. So it has to be true.

So the inbuilt virtue signaling, cancel culture instinct kicks in, and they start throwing tantrums.

Musk asked Stephen King, what exactly he believes is the problem with the latest policy on Blue checks. because King was whining nonstop about it in generalities. All Musk got was Crickets.

And why does Media hate Twitter and Musk with a vengeance ?

1682280597835.png

Last edited:
Yeah, people like Elon are freaking out, who is now giving away blue checks for free to celebrities, because it's so "unimportant".
The funny thing is, the celebrities don't even want it:

Elon Musk Made The Twitter Checkmark A Digital Dunce Cap​

Now, having a blue check mark is something that is the total opposite of a status symbol. Celebrities don't need the algorithm to push their tweets because they are proud to have followers by virtue of being a celebrity. Paying to have their tweets recognized is something no self respecting celebrity would ever want to do. Add to that the fact that paying Twitter $8 can also be seen as supporting Elon and his toxic politics and it's not hard to see why celebrities do not want to be caught dead with the "mark of shame" on their accounts, so people are even going to the extent of posting videos to show that they did not pay.

The virtual signaling celebrities' are all upset and want to quit Twitter because, Twitter is suddenly full of hate, racists, sexists and run amuck by trolls. It is unbearable. And why are they saying it? Because the media said so.
Because they can see it on Twitter with their own eyes. We've linked the racist nazi accounts allowed back on Twitter since Elon took over.

The funny thing is, the celebrities don't even want it:

Elon Musk Made The Twitter Checkmark A Digital Dunce Cap​

Now, having a blue check mark is something that is the total opposite of a status symbol. Celebrities don't need the algorithm to push their tweets because they are proud to have followers by virtue of being a celebrity. Paying to have their tweets recognized is something no self respecting celebrity would ever want to do. Add to that the fact that paying Twitter $8 can also be seen as supporting Elon and his toxic politics and it's not hard to see why celebrities do not want to be caught dead with the "mark of shame" on their accounts, so people are even going to the extent of posting videos to show that they did not pay.

Typical Twitter/Musk arrogance:
"But as some people have pointed out in recent days, if you apply for a checkmark for your organization, you can just lose the $1,000 if you’re not approved. It’s right there in Twitter’s terms of service."

Wonder how many people would have popped their $100 CT reservations if it was non-refundable?

Reactions: advocate8

Snippet from the article:

Unfortunately, the real reason most people, and especially those of us who used to be verified, do not want the new checkmark is not that exciting. We do not want it because having the checkmark circa late April 2023 is embarrassing. Musk has successfully made it a humiliating thing for someone in most social circles to pay for Twitter. It wasn’t always this way. As recently as 2022, I myself paid for a different version of Twitter Blue, thinking its features justified a few bucks a month.

How did the Twitter checkmark become toxic? It took multiple strokes of business failure: First by Musk making Twitter worse, second by charging more for Twitter Blue at the same time he was making the site worse, and third by making himself an unappealing person for people to associate themselves with in public. The masses are not balking at paying for Twitter Blue because they’re trying to shelter themselves within a crumbling elitist internet order, but because they think Musk is offering an unworthy product and is also a dickhead.

100% The man has a good heart.
I know quite a few good-hearted people. None of them have been disowned by any of their family members. I also know (just professionally) a few black-hearted people who seemed to be filled with hate for for groups of people (as far as I can tell this appears to be a part of their religion as they practice it anyway) and two of them out of the three that I know have admitted at least one family member disowns them (one a child, one a sister).

You say Elon is the opposite. How did that happen?

It's almost like Elon actually does not understand the first principles of social media.
Social media has no first principles. What we're learning about Elon is that he's helpless in areas where there are no first principles, but tries to act like he's an expert anyway. So he just makes a fool of himself.

"A man's got to know his limitations."

Reactions: Dave EV

A report on the Twitter chaos.

The masses are not balking at paying for Twitter Blue because they’re trying to shelter themselves within a crumbling elitist internet order, but because they think Musk is offering an unworthy product and is also a dickhead.

A report on the Twitter chaos.

The masses are not balking at paying for Twitter Blue because they’re trying to shelter themselves within a crumbling elitist internet order, but because they think Musk is offering an unworthy product and is also a dickhead.
The media have. a few choices regarding the coverage of c list celebs losing their blue checks:
  1. Don't mention the war
  2. State it in passing (negatively obviously)
  3. Take on Twitter and promote all the celebs that are maybe talking directly to the public and perhaps more interesting than the media
Slate went with 2. Many are going with 1. Are any going with 3?

Status
Not open for further replies.