Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon & Twitter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
To the mod who moved my posts with a threat of ban : What topics are allowed in this thread ?

ps : I mean if you can't talk here about how Twitter agreed to ban posts criticizing one presidential candidate - what are we allowed to post here ? How exactly is that "politics" ?
I recently had a post deleted from this thread and was banned for a day because of "politics". (It was a link to a book review. The book talked about Twitter and other social media facilitating radicalization.)
The mods must be going crazy trying to sort this out. Since a lot of what Elon posts on Twitter is "political", how do you ban discussion of it?
I try to avoid this thread as much as possible but occasionally post items which I think are relevant. I'll probably just avoid this thread completely in the future since it tends to be emotionally charged and is overall not very informative.

I ended up quitting Twitter with the whole 2FA debacle. Just didn't seem worth trying to stay on the platform anymore. I had no interest in Twitter Blue as Elon -- either intentionally or unintentionally -- had politicized it from the get go.
2FA is so easy to setup. (At least with an iPhone/Mac using the integrated passwords app.)

And definitely more secure than SMS. I wish my financial institutions would go this route.

Reactions: Dave EV and tivoboy

Sky News, Australia. At 6:40

"Why Twitter was so successful after Musk fired so many, in fact more successful. This is a good example of a section of the main stream media adopt a narrative, and stick with it even in the face of facts and they don't have facts themselves and they resented it when someone else has them and calls them out"

Now a small section of the media are calling out the lies of the main stream media... MSM days are numbered..

Last edited:
To the mod who moved my posts with a threat of ban : What topics are allowed in this thread ?

ps : I mean if you can't talk here about how Twitter agreed to ban posts criticizing one presidential candidate - what are we allowed to post here ? How exactly is that "politics" ?

Are you asking, "how is talking about criticizing a presidential candidate politics?" It would be easier to tell you what types of things are not able to talk about, which is anything related to politics including international politics, local politics, political figures on twitter, what they may or may not be saying on twitter, etc, race, religion, etc.

There are other websites to discuss that stuff.

We really cant pick and choose whether we let some politics go and others stay, we either have to prevent them all, or let almost all of it go. We cant choose to let something go we might agree with and remove something we dont (we shouldnt, anyway), so yes, criticizing a political candidate is politics, no matter which one.

(or lock the thread entirely, which is the likely outcome).

Are you asking, "how is talking about criticizing a presidential candidate politics?" It would be easier to tell you what types of things are not able to talk about, which is anything related to politics including international politics, local politics, political figures on twitter, what they may or may not be saying on twitter, etc, race, religion, etc.

There are other websites to discuss that stuff.

We really cant pick and choose whether we let some politics go and others stay, we either have to prevent them all, or let almost all of it go. We cant choose to let something go we might agree with and remove something we dont (we shouldnt, anyway), so yes, criticizing a political candidate is politics, no matter which one.

(or lock the thread entirely, which is the likely outcome).
The result of this is that once the "party of *****" makes all the ***** things in the world "political" then all of a sudden we can't discuss any of those stupid things, and how Elon may or may not be promoting them using Twitter. Is that really what you're trying to achieve?

Last edited by a moderator:
This is not a political discussion site. It is also not a site for discussing actions people may or may not be taking on twitter. Tesla motors club has nothing to do with Twitter inc, nor any debate about what might or might not be on twitter, twitters policies, etc.

The only reason this thread originally was allowed to exist at all, was because it was discussing the possible effect that the twitter purchase might or might not have from a FINANCIAL perspective on the FINANCIAL perspective of Tesla inc.

It grew so toxic, the mods for that subforum moved it here, and it continued to be toxic, and attempt to discuss political stances, or other charged topics like radicalization, race, etc. The prevailing actions seem to be, some people think "elon said it" means it can be posted here, or "it happened on twitter" or "Twitter policy", means it can be discussed here, and thats not the case.

I previously warned people about politics in this thread this past tuesday, which was not heeded. I warned again, and locked the thread a couple times to try to re enforce this. I dont participate in the discussion in this thread. My only posts are moderation (im sure someone will check). Its either let the thread continue to break the rules, enforce the rules in such a manner that people get the message they will be enforced, or lock the thread.

For a long time, it was "let the thread continue to break the rules". Now I am trying "enforce the rules in such a manner that people get the message they will be enforced, but still allow the thread to remain open", and if that doesnt work, then it will be "lock the thread".

Last edited:
This is not a political discussion site. It is also not a site for discussing actions people may or may not be taking on twitter. Tesla motors club has nothing to do with Twitter inc, nor any debate about what might or might not be on twitter, twitters policies, etc.

The only reason this thread originally was allowed to exist at all, was because it was discussing the possible effect that the twitter purchase might or might not have from a FINANCIAL perspective on the FINANCIAL perspective of Tesla inc.

It grew so toxic, the mods for that subforum moved it here, and it continued to be toxic, and attempt to discuss political stances, or other charged topics like radicalization, race, etc. The prevailing actions seem to be, some people think "elon said it" means it can be posted here, or "it happened on twitter" or "Twitter policy", means it can be discussed here, and thats not the case.

I previously warned people about politics in this thread this past tuesday, which was not heeded. I warned again, and locked the thread a couple times to try to re enforce this. I dont participate in the discussion in this thread. My only posts are moderation (im sure someone will check). Its either let the thread continue to break the rules, enforce the rules in such a manner that people get the message they will be enforced, or lock the thread.

For a long time, it was "let the thread continue to break the rules". Now I am trying "enforce the rules in such a manner that people get the message they will be enforced, but still allow the thread to remain open", and if that doesnt work, then it will be "lock the thread".

Just lock it then. Elon has turned Twitter into a political tool, and if we're just supposed to ignore that then there is very little point in attempting to discuss his involvement with the company.

I do not envy the massive workload you're going to have to scrub discussions of politics on the forum going forward.

Reactions: advocate8
Elon has turned Twitter into a political tool, and if we're just supposed to ignore that then there is very little point in attempting to discuss his involvement with the company.
Yes. Exactly. Ignore all of it. It has zero to do with Tesla (or SpaceX, Boring Co, Neuralink).

Tesla continues to grow and expand as fast as humanly possible, continues to innovate faster than any other company, continues to improve efficiencies, continues to have industry leading margins with only (1?) niche OEM better on that front, continues toward its ultimate goal, continues to position itself financially to easily survive whatever the macros throw at the world, etc…

Nothing has changed for Tesla. But with all the wadded up panties here, you’d think Tesla was about to file for bankruptcy.

Yes. Exactly. Ignore all of it. It has zero to do with Tesla (or SpaceX, Boring Co, Neuralink).

Tesla continues to grow and expand as fast as humanly possible, continues to innovate faster than any other company, continues to improve efficiencies, continues to have industry leading margins with only (1?) niche OEM better on that front, continues toward its ultimate goal, continues to position itself financially to easily survive whatever the macros throw at the world, etc…

Nothing has changed for Tesla. But with all the wadded up panties here, you’d think Tesla was about to file for bankruptcy.
Didn't someone just post that Elon himself said if he hands off Twitter to someone else, he would have more time for Tesla? I don't think it is well demonstrated that this whole Twitter ordeal had zero impact on Tesla, especially its stock price (which definitely is on topic). For one, selling off a bunch of shares to fund the purchase definitely had impact, and if Twitter requires another cash infusion, there may be another round of Elon selling shares.

While Tesla is in no danger of going bankrupt, but is it really doing the same or better than if Elon was not involved in Twitter? I think it is hard to say, given Tesla has done unprecedented price discounts which has reduced its margins. It's not as if Tesla was continuing on its previous track where it didn't have to do aggressive discounts.

Reactions: JRP3
Didn't someone just post that Elon himself said if he hands off Twitter to someone else, he would have more time for Tesla? I don't think it is well demonstrated that this whole Twitter ordeal had zero impact on Tesla, especially its stock price (which definitely is on topic). For one, selling off a bunch of shares to fund the purchase definitely had impact, and if Twitter requires another cash infusion, there may be another round of Elon selling shares.

While Tesla is in no danger of going bankrupt, but is it really doing the same or better than if Elon was not involved in Twitter? I think it is hard to say, given Tesla has done unprecedented price discounts which has reduced its margins. It's not as if Tesla was continuing on its previous track where it didn't have to do aggressive discounts.
Saying he has more time for Tesla doesn’t mean Tesla was hurt in anyway by him spending time at Twitter. It means exactly what he said, he has more time now to spend at Tesla, (and SpaceX, and Boring Company, and a Cabo nightclub etc….) It’s simply a statement of fact, not a statement of ‘I was distracted’ as suggested by you know who.

Umm…it’s been well documented and discussed to death that current pricing is not unprecedentedly low but rather back in line to where it was pre-pandemic-give-away-trillions-of-dollars-to-everyone-and-cause-massive-inflation. And there have actually been two price increases in the last month for Model Y, S and X.

It’s also been telegraphed by Tesla for several quarters that their goal is to decrease the price of their vehicles to make them more affordable for more people. ‘Our vehicles cost too much.’ Yet when Tesla actually does what it says it will do *gasp* ‘OMG! Demand Problem! Run for the exits! End of the world!

Zach also explained the lower gross margins and what attributed to them - hint: nothing to worry about. But honestly, we’re going to get into a panic over 18%+ GM? Really!? Wake me up when we’re in single digits like other OEMs.

Let’s forget two ERs ago when Zach clearly said that the business should no longer be measured by its GMs but rather by its operating margins. Let’s forget Tesla’s clear message ‘the mission is more important than GM’. And let’s hope hard FSD doesn’t ever work so Tesla can’t intentionally drop prices to intentionally lower GMs.

If there’s no evidence that Tesla wasn’t hurt - I guess we’re just going to ignore the continued strong financials or make believe they’re not strong - then there can’t be any evidence that Tesla was hurt. Stalemate.

TSLA the SP is a whole other discussion. People will claim to their deathbed Elon is responsible for the decline from $400 to $100, then ignore the quick climb back to $200, then blame Elon for the current drop below $200, then ignore that the stock hardly budged and that budge lasted a whopping 48hrs before disappearing after Elon gave ‘the people’ what they wanted by finding another CEO, etc., etc.

How fortunate we have such convenience to be upset at length about something that can’t be proven or quantified - like ever.

I noticed there wasn't a main Twitter thread on TMC at all? I see main categories for Boring Company, Neuralink and SpaceX. No reason not to have one for Twitter, but Twitter has been further politicized under Musk so we can end this thread if the mods want, but a bit strange to not have a single place for Twitter news.

I've said this thread (after a bit) was pretty useless in general after the initial announcements, early buyout talks/actions, but at least it's relegated to this Off Topic area of TMC which, with Twitter being a larger company than Boring and Neuralink, seems strange to not have any section for Twitter info which may have relevance to Tesla or good info in general.

Unlike some of the folks here, I feel his Twitter actions does have some impact on some people, we just can't measure it easily, especially mixed in with the economy, $20k price cuts on the MY (after tax rebate), etc.

In the end, I think some of the posters here are just trolls trying to egg others on and waste people's time, no need for anyone to engage them. Just sticking to the facts and actual actions of Twitter as a company would reduce the political wars everytime Musk tweets his: "Interesting....Hmm, totally, Agreed, Woke Fight tweets" sent to rile up people. It seems silly for a Chairman to insult 50% of your customers, but some feel wealthy/ powerful enough.

It's still early days how this will play out and I've stated this thread should be canned since it's not much use, but not having any place of valid discussion, news and thinking Twitter is not worth any discussions on TMC seem counter to those other threads existing.

Where else would folks post news about a new Twitter CEO (which has a massive impact on Musk/Tesla), etc, if not here?

Reactions: advocate8
Didn't someone just post that Elon himself said if he hands off Twitter to someone else, he would have more time for Tesla?
Well yes but certain people think a.) Elon is brilliant and critical to Tesla yet b.) Elon spending time elsewhere has zero negative effect on Tesla. He's also a.) great at promoting Tesla with his Tweets but b.) has no effect on Tesla when he Tweets ridiculous falsehoods. Perfect logic.

Status
Not open for further replies.