Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Entire Supercharging Team Fired?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
News yesterday is that the entire 500+ person word-wide SC team has been let go. That is alarming. Why would Elon sack the execs and all the employees of this important part of Tesla's business? Could Tesla be selling the SC network off to a third party? Opinions? Other theories?

29226473368_d3a9e965d2_c.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
So u don't want the safest car in history bc of some stuff the CEO is doing?
That's some protest right there
I hope you follow the CEO of every other brand you are considering as closely as you are Elon
It truly is astounding how many people are willing to cut off their nose to spite their face. Oh well. It gives me something to laugh at.
Are we sharing this example as rationale? Firing *everyone* in a rage fit because a woman manager pushed back to protect her staff tells me just about everything I need to know about the guy.
people see what they want to see with this.

Reactions: GWord
If the “stuff the CEO is doing” is actively imploding the company and their ability to support my charging, service, and maintenance needs, then yes.

Although I suppose the safest car is the one you can’t drive, so maybe you’re on to something!

I hope you follow the CEO of every other brand you are considering as closely as you are Elon
The only thing I generally hope for in this regard is that I don’t have to.

So what happens here? T minus two weeks before we start seeing slow degradation of Supercharger reliability/uptime? That's a LOT of institutional knowledge walking out the door.

I have a M3 and was probably going to stick with it for the next 5-6 years, then probably get another Tesla. I love the car but THE selling point is/was the charging infrastructure. If Supercharger reliability starts to tank without proper communications/remediation plan, then my M3 is getting sold and I'm switching back to a gas car or hybrid. Fast.

If there is a sound business reason for this--Tesla needs to get out with it ASAP, along with concrete assurances that the Supercharger network will keep its existing standard of excellence. If they don't, I think they might risk spooking current and prospective car owners. I'm spooked, and so are others I've talked to. Seems like lots of folks on this and other forums share the same sentiment.
At least from some of the X posts this morning - there are claims that the SC group that was cut was dev/planning/implementation only - there's a separate maintenance team that did not report up to Rebecca Tinucci. Not sure if this is accurate - since again - Tesla has no PR dept to validate assumptions or to tell anyone anything constructively outside of various tweets from the TechnoKing.

Last edited:
At least from some of the X posts this morning - there's claims that the SC group that was cut was dev/planning/implementation only - there's a separate maintenance team that did not report up to Rebecca Tinucci. Not sure if this is accurate - since again - Tesla has no PR dept to validate assumptions or to tell anyone anything constructively outside of various tweets from the TechnoKing.
And this is why the “freaking out” is ridiculous. Don’t even know all the facts yet. The SC network is still operating.

Reactions: Acps110
“The supercharger team has become too bloated, and the manager refuses to make the necessary cuts. So we're starting over from scratch. In the meantime, we'll have a skeleton crew keep critical tasks moving forward.”

First, this is not a hot take. The email from Musk literally said "“Hopefully these actions are making it clear that we need to be absolutely hard-core about headcount and cost reduction, while some on exec staff are taking this seriously, most are not yet doing so.” It's pretty clear Elon did just smash the whole SC group all because he was pissed that the director wasn't reducing headcount like he wanted. Killing a massive, very public portion of your company just because one director isn't doing what you want is for sure the epitome of logical, rational, robot-like emotionless 4D chess.

But even in the re-telling of this story by the followers of Musk, you notice the gaslighting going on? Before she was fired, Rebecca Tinucci was Tesla’s senior director for EV charging. Now that she's been fired, she was "the manager." She just happens to be a "manager" that was #2 on Motor Trend's hot industry executives that are making major differences in the automotive industry.

Kind of like how when Peter Rawlinson was at Tesla, he was chief engineer. But now that he's founded Luicd, Elon claims he was never chief engineer, despite there being literal Tesla press releases celebrating Tesla hiring him as chief engineer.

We've always been at war with Eastasia.

Most of us are not actively trying to but it’s forced upon us by all the out of pocket things he does and says he does and the media coverage of him.
In other words, the echo chamber you've created for yourself won't allow you to escape the negativity (largely artificially engineered) of him and his character which inundates you with constant reaffirmation that Elon Musk is, in fact, Satan himself. Yeah, that would get a bit annoying.

Ignore it. Much of said stuff in the news leaves out important context to sway opinion anyway.
Wasn't the whole point of Elon buying* Twitter so that he could bypass the "news" and tell his story direct to the people? The irony of being told to ignore the news when most of what we know about Musk, his actions, and his beliefs comes direct from his Tweets is thick.

*well, being legally forced to buy it after he spent $1B trying to get out of his contract, the clear sign of someone that is rational and always thinking ahead like an emotionless robot.

In other words, the echo chamber you've created for yourself won't allow you to escape the negativity (largely artificially engineered) of him and his character which inundates you with constant reaffirmation that Elon Musk is, in fact, Satan himself. Yeah, that would get a bit annoying.
There’s also the echo chamber on here and Twitter praising his every action and word like he’s the second coming of Jesus.

Many people’s opinion of him are from his own words and actions directly from his own tweets. There’s no spin there. It’s directly from the horses mouth.

Wasn't the whole point of Elon buying* Twitter so that he could bypass the "news" and tell his story direct to the people? The irony of being told to ignore the news when most of what we know about Musk, his actions, and his beliefs comes direct from his Tweets is thick.

*well, being legally forced to buy it after he spent $1B trying to get out of his contract, the clear sign of someone that is rational and always thinking ahead like an emotionless robot.
This seems pretty straightforward to me:

There’s also the echo chamber on here and Twitter praising his every action and word like he’s the second coming of Jesus.
Fortunately you don't have to hear any of that since you've curated your personal echo chamber to match your thoughts via your likes, follows and retweets. Algorithms are only there to provide enough resistance you get you engaged, not to truly provide the other side to actually have you think that the truth of any given topic lies somewhere in the middle. User engagement dies in the area where things are normal and the most common explanation is likely the reality.

Learn to ignore both extremes of everything (especially as it applies to individuals) and your life will be far richer for it.

I came to this thread to see if I could learn more facts and it's almost completely devoid of tangible facts #134 posts in. Just a bunch of people who have already made up their mind of Elon as a person using that confirmation bias to spin whatever story is in the news cycle to fuel these wild accusations and conclusions.

original-1612137040-66efd26f5d447c1f4cb06ed1477135db.png

That's some protest right there
Yet another one whose post history is otherwise entirely within the investors section. Tells you all you need to know.