Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EU Market Situation and Outlook

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know Dubai and S Korea are somewhat east of Europe, but the hard core trackers are in this thread. We saw a boat load to each country, but they could be filling showrooms, as much as garages. If they combine for 1000 deliveries and with Norway strong, can we hit or beat Q1?
Sorry if offtrack.

I know Dubai and S Korea are somewhat east of Europe, but the hard core trackers are in this thread. We saw a boat load to each country, but they could be filling showrooms, as much as garages. If they combine for 1000 deliveries and with Norway strong, can we hit or beat Q1?
Well Dubai just has a pop-up store in the middle of a mall. 1st store opens early July.
S korea has 2 stores, I believe. So, I doubt too many cars got sucked into showrooms.

Reactions: EinSV
Sorry if offtrack.

I think most of those are likely inventory. Tesla lists a substantial number of new inventory for UAE.

• Informative
Reactions: dc_h
Looks like they were delivering some, but you are right, the new store is not opening until July 12th.
Tesla vehicles arrive by the hundred in Dubai as the first store/service center is about to open
S korea has had stores open since mid-March, and also online orders since then. Apparently, the MS is very popular for test drives.
If this is the first substantive batch of deliveries, most of the deliveries are customer orders IMO.

Dubai had a batch of ~50 cars sent prior to the end of last quarter. These would have been inventory cars, as customer orders wouldn't have been built in that time-frame. Apparently, this batch sold off reasonably quickly.
I would imagine the current substantive shipment is customer orders.

• Informative
Reactions: techmaven and EinSV
S korea has had stores open since mid-March, and also online orders since then. Apparently, the MS is very popular for test drives.
If this is the first substantive batch of deliveries, most of the deliveries are customer orders IMO.

Dubai had a batch of ~50 cars sent prior to the end of last quarter. These would have been inventory cars, as customer orders wouldn't have been built in that time-frame. Apparently, this batch sold off reasonably quickly.
I would imagine the current substantive shipment is customer orders.

Consistent with that -- according to one report deliveries of vehicles to customers began in S. Korea on June 20 in an event hosted by Jon McNeill. Electric cars, Tesla will begin deliver in South Korea

Norway Q2 finals:
Model S: 371 (vs. Q1 483)
Model X: 780 (vs. Q1 729)
Totals: 1151 (vs. Q1 1212)

Highlights: Model X monthly delivery record broken in June with 609 cars.
Note: Q2 had 6 workdays less than Q1

Now to the charts:
upload_2017-7-1_0-55-39.png

upload_2017-7-1_0-56-5.png

upload_2017-7-1_0-59-50.png

upload_2017-7-1_1-1-8.png

upload_2017-7-1_1-42-52.png

Last edited:
Sweden and Norway seem to confirm Norway. Strong numbers, but just failing to beat last quarter. Sweden comes in at 66 Model S (182 last quarter, 77 last year) and 56 Model X (75 last quarter). the Netherlands had 203 Model S (228 last quarter, 188 last year) and 121 Model X (140 last quarter)

Austria 108, Belgium 95, and Finland 37, not looking so good for me in our bet...

So the global totals are out and... I'm a little disappointed. European and US numbers were very strong through May. If what they say is true, lots of orders are on hold pending production of the 100 pack. Or this is a little paint to cover the Model 3 effect on S....

Anyway. The numbers are not bad BTW, they have met guidance. But they have to work on their delivery (of news). Why not start with that? "Tesla meets delivery guidance for H1 2017 by finishing the quarter with the projected 22k cars..."

Reactions: hobbes and GoTslaGo
Here are the official Norwegian numbers:
Bilsalget i juni
Model X: 609
Model S: 242*)

Btw:
Record month for zero-emission cars
In June, 3948 new passenger cars were registered with zero emissions. There are 2042 more (+ 107.1%) than in June 2016. The zero-emission cars had 27.7 percent market share among passenger cars in June. In the same month in 2016, the market share was 13.9 per cent. 2 of the new registered passenger cars in June were hydrogen cars, the rest were electric cars.

"There have never been so many electric cars in a single month in Norway before," says Solberg Thorsen. And for the first time, the electric cars got a market share that is higher than both diesel and petrol cars. Together with the new hybrid cars, cars with alternative power sources had a total market share of 52.7 percent in June.This shows at the new car buyers taking ever more environmentally conscious choices, concludes the director of OFV.

*) As Model S was not among the most sold models, it is not listed. But it says 851 Teslas, and 609 Model X. So the rest is assumed by me to be Model S, as only new cars is on the list and I do not think any new Roadster or Model 3 is registered this month ;)

Last edited:
UK Other imports are 599 for June. Last year the non-Tesla portion was 196 which suggests the UK delivered 405 Tesla cars in June. Not including the UK deliveries reported so far : 1890. I expect the final tally to end up somewhere around 2800 which would put total Q2 deliveries at roughly 5400-5500.

• Informative
Reactions: mrdoubleb
Guys, I added in a few countries, but when you validate, someone double check Luxembourg, please.

So the date in the file says "as of June 9th, 2017", which is a bit odd considering it's from the future. On the other hand the month at the top of the tabs says "May". However, the actual data shows 16 cars, while May was 6, so it seems like new data? But then the Totals for the year show 78 cars, which was not true for May (68 by end of month), but also not true if you add 16 to 68... something fishy is going on.

BTW only Italy and France are left - as usual.