Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Falcon Heavy - 7&8 Reuse - Elon's Roadster Demo - LC-39A

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When I was watching the SpaceX launch feed on youtube I think it was after the launch maybe, they were talking about the recording disc (sorry can recall what it was called) but think it had Isaac Asimov's Space Ranger series on it. Did you guys catch that part?

BTW right now the Live Feed is only the FH logo and Stage 2 screen in case you were tuning in to it. Ah, back up to live Spaceman.

When I was watching the SpaceX launch feed on youtube I think it was after the launch maybe, they were talking about the recording disc (sorry can recall what it was called) but think it had Isaac Asimov's Space Ranger series on it. Did you guys catch that part?

BTW right now the Live Feed is only the FH logo and Stage 2 screen in case you were tuning in to it.

Foundation series.

Elon should have put a small servo in the arm or hand... just to really freak people out watching the live stream :)
Maybe a SpaceX/Tesla NDA that was broken. There’s my short story cue: A whistleblower inside Tesla gets caught before going public, is wrapped up in a SpaceX suit with oxygen and a year’s worth of nourishment tubed in and is sent on a billion year journey around the sun.

Sorry to add weird darkness to such a positive thread. :(

Hey it looks like maybe the car has Autopilot... am I seeing space lanes there? Wonder what the speed limit is.

IMG_1516.PNG

Pretty ingenious that they thought of setting the car and Spaceman on an angle like that for the cameras. Really gives the spaceward thrust impression too. I wonder how long they discussed the "payload" and how much time it took to get it just right for them.

Toward the end, in one feed you could see the other booster, in the other you couldn't. But they may have been the same feed before that, I agree that they looked a bit too synchronized.

Rewatching the webcast, the video of the side boosters were identical even though they said they were separate. I'm sure they intended them to be separate and someone screwed it up. We know they keep the footage so we may get to see the other angle sometime in the future. I have no doubt SpaceX will create a Falcon Heavy special video just like they did for the first landing. The crowds of people at SpaceX make it so they have to do it. It's just too big a deal not to do a well edited movie of the launch and Starman.