Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Final Roadster #2500 - build book

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just found this build book at Tesla West Drayton (UK)
it charts the build of Final Roadster #2500 <<PHOTOS>>

preview:
Capture.JPG

I wonder if anyone (TEG ?) know where this fully signed and documented car ended up ?

Reactions: drewski
I guess I'm confused. I thought there were only about 2,400 of these built. Tesla did order 2,500 "rollers" from Lotus, but I thought they ended that contract a little short.

Also, European VIN's started over with the sequence number, so the last VIN shouldn't actually end with 2500. I can't tell if that first picture is photoshopped, but the font is different on the last four digits.

I guess I'm confused. I thought there were only about 2,400 of these built. Tesla did order 2,500 "rollers" from Lotus, but I thought they ended that contract a little short.

Also, European VIN's started over with the sequence number, so the last VIN shouldn't actually end with 2500. I can't tell if that first picture is photoshopped, but the font is different on the last four digits.

In theory, you're correct. What it looks like they did here, which they've done in the past, like with @vfx's VIN 500, is assign a custom VIN. In this case, it's to commemorate the final Roadster.

Apart from that, holy crap. What a beautiful Roadster. Thank you, @Mark77a, for sharing these beautiful photographs. Look at that Premium Black / White Rally One interior with the matching head restraint!!! That is one AWESOME interior.:)

• Love
Reactions: ra88it
@Mark77a, thx indeed for sharing those photos! That signed ESS and motor both belong in a museum; if not the entire car itself as well. Does anyone know where it ended up? Also, did West Drayton have any more of those books available? If so, I'd love to purchase one as I'm sure a number of others would.

By more to the point, what is a Roadster owner doing in West Drayton? ;)
Getting 32amps, and a few chats .. that's all :) , also following you, supped 60A at Marriott Slough, even a free 30 mins is useful for a
faster ride back to D'orset :)

And nope book is not for sale - it is just in the glass case with loads of Tesla Product awards ... so I read it while on charge, with a nice cup of tea and some damn fine company :)

IMG_20170410_133946398.jpg

Last edited: