Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

For non-inventory Model X Plaid orders placed in September 2023, what is your estimated delivery date range?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Newbie question - how can you tell the model year from the VIN?

According to last year's data, Oct 3 2022, was the last '2022' built. (From what I could find).
So, hopefully, we cut to 2024 model year soon.

According to last year's data, Oct 3 2022, was the last '2022' built. (From what I could find).
So, hopefully, we cut to 2024 model year soon.
Given that no plaid seemed be produced in Sep, looks like Tesla is saving them to 2024

Ordered MXP on 9/1 at like 9 AM CST
White with Black Interior
20' Wheels
Yolk Steering

EDD 1: Sep-Oct
EDD 2: Oct-Nov
EDD 3: Oct 5-Nov 16
EDD 4: Oct 6-Nov 10

My EDD has changed every single Wednesday, so I thought maybe it only changed on Wednesdays 😂

But it hasnt changed since last Wednesday. Refreshed a million times today and still no update. 😢

Hoping for a 2024 VIN assignment next week, that will be the silver lining. Delivery location in Minnesota.

Yeah, the impression I have is that there were probably zero Plaid produced in September. The one I attempted to take delivery back on 9/11 had a build date of ~8/24.

Hopefully this is a sign that Plaid production will start at the start of October, and that they are all 2024 VINs going forward. I'm curious if you will actually get a delivery date around 10/4. I wasn't able to find actual numbers on how long it takes Tesla to build a MX, but for MY it was an average of 18-35 hours from start to finish. So theoretically, you could technically get the car in LA by 10/4 if production starts on 10/1, completed on 10/2, put on truck and transported down to LA on 10/3, ready for delivery on 10/4 😜
I really hope you are right. The wait will be well worth it if we end up getting 2024 VINs and deliveries in early October for our early September Plaid order. Fingers crossed! 🤞

Ordered White on White 6 seat MXP, steering wheel, 20in wheels on 9/11

Got a VIN yesterday and they want me to take delivery before Saturday. Current EDD is 9/29-10/8
That’s the quickest VIN assignment I’ve seen, especially for an order placed the second week in. I think majority of Plaid orders are still waiting. Maybe you got lucky and somebody in your area had the same build but cancelled their order and it got assigned to you. Congrats.

Reactions: react