Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Free Super Charging on Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Long time tesla supporter and really disappointed for the first time. I was suckered into upgrading my 15 MS to get ludicrous for free and took delievery a month ago. Right after that they included ludicrous in the performance version. So the 120k car I thought I was getting a good deal on evaporated over night. Then 30 days later they reinstate unlimited super charging, argggg. Really disappointed. I hope they grandfather it a month or more. Anyone know who I can complain to or is it not worth it?

It is pretty sad. I was in a similar boats as you and would have only ordered the LR model if I didn't think the $20,000 option would have been a great cushion for resale down the road. As is I am in no better resale portion than a brand new first time Tesla buyer. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Tesla going back is a hard one for them than setting a "from now forward" because I was just weeks before your order. Where would they stop?

This is/was my primary apprehension for ordering a new MS, I don't want to buy and a week after delivery they drop 5k to stimulate sales. I know that something better will always come out after you buy it's the nature of progression. But they F with their prices so much if you plan to sell your car after 3/4yrs hopefully they didn't drop prices or add features rendering it cheaper to buy new than used. I have been on the hunt for used for months, and got to the point where it's just smarter to buy new.

I think Tesla should make it right. Anyone that ordered a Raven should get the Unlimited Supercharging and also the Ludicrous option that is now included. It’s ridiculous. I think the Unlimited charging should be only for the S and X as an incentive for spending more money. Plus it would keep the traffic down at the Superchargers. Just my 2cents. I know it doesn’t mean much. Lol.

I think Tesla should make it right. Anyone that ordered a Raven should get the Unlimited Supercharging and also the Ludicrous option that is now included. It’s ridiculous. I think the Unlimited charging should be only for the S and X as an incentive for spending more money. Plus it would keep the traffic down at the Superchargers. Just my 2cents. I know it doesn’t mean much. Lol.
Make what right? They haven’t done anything wrong.
They’ve changed prices and option bundles so many times throughout the last 7 years, you want them to give stuff away for free to everyone every time they innovate?

If someone buys a 100d model s today and in a week a 120d is released, should tesla replace that persons battery? Of course not.
What if someone buys a model s today for 79k and in a week the price goes up to 89, should tesla demand 10k from that person who ordered the car for 79k?

Reactions: outdoors
Make what right? They haven’t done anything wrong.
They’ve changed prices and option bundles so many times throughout the last 7 years, you want them to give stuff away for free to everyone every time they innovate?

If someone buys a 100d model s today and in a week a 120d is released, should tesla replace that persons battery? Of course not.
What if someone buys a model s today for 79k and in a week the price goes up to 89, should tesla demand 10k from that person who ordered the car for 79k?
No. I would consider a 120 a new model. But if your selling a car and say free charging is never coming back, and two weeks later it’s back (for the same exact car you just bought not changed AT ALL) I think that its just bad business and asinine. Again my opinion that’s all. Absolutely Love the car, hate the way the business is run.

Reactions: jdw
No. I would consider a 120 a new model. But if your selling a car and say free charging is never coming back, and two weeks later it’s back (for the same exact car you just bought not changed AT ALL) I think that its just bad business and asinine. Again my opinion that’s all. Absolutely Love the car, hate the way the business is run.
Yes tesla changing things up as often as they do is annoying. But they don’t owe anyone retroactive upgrades or freebies.

Same here in the New England area. I've never had to wait for a stall and most SCs have over 50% vacancy. But when a SC is located at a Tesla Service Center, nearly every stall is occupied by deliveries. And these stalls are capped to 80%, but you override it.

I have home charging so only use SCs for about 10-15% of mileage. Callifornia probaly has more Teslas than any other state so it is likely to have highest demand with overcrowded stalls.