Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Front Seat Issues - Warranty

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

On delivery I had some issues with deep indentations found on the passenger front seat; and the rear seats.
It seems that for the rear seats, we had the covers replaced which all seems fine. However, from what I can gather they didn't appear to do this for the front passenger seat, and instead a repair attempt was made.

Fast forward a few weeks now, and now the repaired area looks to show major issues of it peeling and flaking!
I've got an appointment booked in, so will wait and see what's proposed as the fix this time around? Certainly won't be accepting another repair attempt on surface!

Can anyone advise if the front passenger seat upholstery can simply be replaced with new covers (i.e. upper portion)? Or does this look more like an full brand new seat is the only possible fix? I'm wondering why they didn't replace the covers in the first place, or is this due to complications with airbags etc? and so attempted a repair attempt.

Thanks

Attachments

• Front Passenger Seat - Indentation Prior to Repair.JPG
    Front Passenger Seat - Indentation Prior to Repair.JPG
    235.5 KB · Views: 398
  • Front Passenger Seat - Impacted Area.jpg
    Front Passenger Seat - Impacted Area.jpg
    234.1 KB · Views: 329
  • Front Passenger Seat - Peeling After Repair 1.jpg
    Front Passenger Seat - Peeling After Repair 1.jpg
    271.1 KB · Views: 319
  • Front Passenger Seat - Peeling After Repair 2.jpg
    Front Passenger Seat - Peeling After Repair 2.jpg
    307.6 KB · Views: 302
  • Front Passenger Seat - Peeling After Repair 3.jpg
    Front Passenger Seat - Peeling After Repair 3.jpg
    621.3 KB · Views: 331
  • IMG_7392.jpg
    IMG_7392.jpg
    163.4 KB · Views: 306
  • IMG_7390.jpg
    IMG_7390.jpg
    204.9 KB · Views: 292
That material is clearly defective. It looks like the finish didn’t adhere properly during manufacture. My guess is Tesla will replace the entire seat.

Anyone know if replacing the seat cover for the fronts is even an option, or is this a complex repair in comparison to replacing the entire seat? I think my preferences would be an entire replacement which would guarantee a good fix, but i'm not sure how they would see this?
Anyone been in this situation and can advise?

Agreed. Seems they wait for a claim to come in, then decided they don't want to pay for it and exclude it in a line item. I had the same excuse given to me for a lumpy padding under the front driver seat.