Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD - update required to end free trial?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got an email as well as a message in the app that my FSD free trial has ended... but I'm still able to use it.

I *do* have a software update waiting for installation. Must I install it for the free trial to end?
Curious what software you are on during the free trial and what update you have waiting?

I think for the first wave of trials most people made it to 3.25. But so far based on TeslaFi data no cars have been moved past 3.25 now that most trials on 3.25 are over.

Maybe you are still on 3.15 or 3.20 and it is 3.25 waiting to install? If you have 8.9 or 14.6 waiting to install that would be good information as I'm hoping Tesla will move people not subscribing to FSD up to 14.6 and not leave us on 3.25.

As for the free trial ending, it will end down to the minute at the 30 day mark...the email sometimes comes before that on the day but it won't deactivate until it gets to the exact time of day the trial started 30 days ago.

Upvote 0
2023.44.30.30, pending 2024.3.25
If you were on 2023.44.30.30 then you probably had an FSD subscription before the trial? Once the free month ends it would just resume your FSD subscription and therefore still have access to FSD.

If you cancelled the subscription then the trial will end to the hour on the 30th day (~720 hours from trial start). Mine said it would end 4/30 but it ended around 2-3pm on 5/1. (It was installed around 2-3pm on 4/1)

Upvote 0