Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Gave up on Autopilot, is Cruise Control next?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Today, cruise control just randomly shut off. No reason given. Multi lane highway, normal traffic and good weather.

And, every time I reactivate cruise, the windshield wipers come on and won’t turn off. Sheesh.

Anyone know how to fix this problem? I’ve reset the car and cruise is working again but the windshield wipers start up every time I activate cruise control. No, it’s not raining lol.

Today, cruise control just randomly shut off. No reason given. Multi lane highway, normal traffic and good weather.

And, every time I reactivate cruise, the windshield wipers come on and won’t turn off. Sheesh.

Anyone know how to fix this problem? I’ve reset the car and cruise is working again but the windshield wipers start up every time I activate cruise control. No, it’s not raining lol.
It happened to me a handful of times. I just ignored it for what felt like eternity, but it seemed to re-calibrated itself after that.

Reactions: PassingLane
Perhaps it might be worth checking to see if the front camera is working properly. Try saving video and view it to see if it's showing an image correctly. A bad front camera caused some strange behavior in my car last year, but wasn't immediately apparent to me as the from camera image isn't displayed anywhere during normal driving. In my case, it stopped displaying speed limits, the auto headlights stayed on even during the day, and the side repeaters also were not functioning. Replacing the front camera resolved all of the issues. I did not try cruise or autopilot, but I would imagine it would cause some issues...

Check the front camera area. It is trying to wipe for a reason. I'm not saying that it is functioning correctly, but it would help if you analytically tried to figure it out instead of just calling it broken.
I’m really not the the best person to debug Tesla issues but I’ll give it a try. I thought the rain sensor was in the rear-view mirror pod?

There’s no rain sensor in a Model 3, it uses the front camera.
Which is in the rear view mirror pod. If that's what the OP means by saying what the rear view mirror attaches to on the windshield.

I believe when you activate Autopilot/Autosteer, the wipers are automatically put into the Auto mode. If there's something on the windshield in front of the cameras, the car will turn the wipers on to try to get rid of it.

Of course cruise will not work on this

1715809251816.png

• Funny
Reactions: PassingLane
Which is in the rear view mirror pod. If that's what the OP means by saying what the rear view mirror attaches to on the windshield.

I believe when you activate Autopilot/Autosteer, the wipers are automatically put into the Auto mode. If there's something on the windshield in front of the cameras, the car will turn the wipers on to try to get rid of it.
Yes, that's what I meant.