Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Getting (towing) the MSP track pack to the track

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Didn't want to derail the track pack thread with this question, but...
does anyone have experience towing this car to the track. I'm concerned I'll get it there and push it till the battery is too low to get home. I'm only about 30 miles from my local track. Nonetheless, seems like it could be a problem. Does anyone have experience towing such a heavy car? Looks like even the X doesn't have the capacity for it. Would appreciate any advice.

Didn't want to derail the track pack thread with this question, but...
does anyone have experience towing this car to the track. I'm concerned I'll get it there and push it till the battery is too low to get home. I'm only about 30 miles from my local track. Nonetheless, seems like it could be a problem. Does anyone have experience towing such a heavy car? Looks like even the X doesn't have the capacity for it. Would appreciate any advice.
If you don’t notice the car slowing down when the battery is in the yellow, then red, maybe driving race speeds on a track is not your forte. The tow hook is made to be used to get the car onto a trailer or flatbed, not being towed behind another vehicle.

There are no close level 3 chargers/superchargers you can go to in between sessions or during lunch? That's typically what people who track EVs do.

Track days are broken up into sessions throughout the day. Also within the session you can pull off the track at the designated exit whenever you want. Personally I think it'd be pretty easy for you to leave enough energy to go the 30 miles home unless you're really careless.

In an emergency just call a flatbed tow truck.. if you or a friend has AAA/equivalent it'd be free. You don't need to own a towing setup when tracking a Plaid S, that's part of the beauty of having one.