Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Glovebox pin error

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had my car detailed and ceramic coated the other day, and when I dropped it off I went to set the glovebox PIN. After typing in 3 numbers the "set pin" screen closed... I tried to open the glovebox and it wouldn't open with the 3 numbers I had typed in... no idea what it thought the 4th number was. Anyway, I knew I could get into it using my Tesla webpage login, so I didn't worry about it... but I was wondering if anyone else had experienced this?

Keith

Did you try entering the 4th digit the same as the third? the most logical thing that could have happened is that either you tapped the third digit twice and didnt know it, or the car registered you tapping the third digit twice. Thats the first thing I would have tried in this situation, so wondering if you tried that?

Did you try entering the 4th digit the same as the third? the most logical thing that could have happened is that either you tapped the third digit twice and didnt know it, or the car registered you tapping the third digit twice. Thats the first thing I would have tried in this situation, so wondering if you tried that?

The Uber guy was sitting there to pick me up from dropping off the car, so I didn't take the time to worry about it. That is a logical conclusion though. It would not have been hard to figure out the final digit, there were only 10 choices after all :) And I probably would have started on the same as the third digit as you suggested if I were going to try and figure it out... instead I just used my tesla login to reset it.

Keith

Reactions: jjrandorin