Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Go Anywhere service appears to be inoperable?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Have attempted to use Tesla's "Go Anywhere" site -for upcoming travel. Unfortunately, even with originating and final destination clearly identified, the "Get Route" button (at lower-right of Page) does not enBOLDen; allowing completion of data entry, and (supposedly) activation for route to be identified??

We have tried numerous times, on different systems, with full and shortened address identification; still... no activation!?!?

Reactions: JaxY
Have attempted to use Tesla's "Go Anywhere" site -for upcoming travel. Unfortunately, even with originating and final destination clearly identified, the "Get Route" button (at lower-right of Page) does not enBOLDen; allowing completion of data entry, and (supposedly) activation for route to be identified??

We have tried numerous times, on different systems, with full and shortened address identification; still... no activation!?!?

I guess you mean this?

IMHO, this is more of a marketing tool to show the feasibility of Tesla road tripping than an actual trip planner (it doesn't take inputs such as time-of-day into account, nor does it give you information like how much charge you should expect to have at each stop).

Maybe try using something like A Better Route Planner or EV Trip Optimizer?

Bruce.

Upvote 0

That page is very fussy about exact location names. Even some names that auto-fill won't work. For example when I entered "starbase" the first auto-fill result was "Starbase, Rocket Rd, Starbase, TX" which looked promising but it got converted to "Texas, USA" which directs me to Abilene. If I enter "Texas USA" manually then the Get Route button doesn't work.

Navigation in the car is probably much better. You can share locations from a map app with the Tesla app to get them to show up in your car's navigation. This fails to work if the car does not recognize the location it was sent.

Upvote 0
Have attempted to use Tesla's "Go Anywhere" site -for upcoming travel.
Yeah...that's just bad. I would recommend about anything else.

When I'm looking to go somewhere, I would usually just take a look at the general Supercharger map at www.supercharge.info. If it's covered, then it's covered, and I can just seat-of-the-pants it on the day I leave with the in-car Navigation.

If it's not obviously covered, then I would use either www.evtripplanner.com or www.abetterrouteplanner.com. Either of those seem to be more functional than that one on the Tesla site.

Upvote 0

Same problem using both Safari & Chrome on Mac with internet speed over 900bps. Almost impossible to enter data and then never allows Get Route — worthless! I'll have to stay with A Better Routeplanner. Also, Tesla Telephone Support is impossible. On Hold till I had to go to bed (...and their hold music is maddening also). Wish their support was as good as their cars.

Upvote 0
Same problem using both Safari & Chrome on Mac with internet speed over 900bps. Almost impossible to enter data and then never allows Get Route — worthless! I'll have to stay with A Better Routeplanner. Also, Tesla Telephone Support is impossible. On Hold till I had to go to bed (...and their hold music is maddening also). Wish their support was as good as their cars.

Are you guys for real with these posts? Why is anyone trying to use Tesla's website to plan their trips?

Use abetterrouteplanner or better yet, just get in the car and say "navigate to Sissyville". The car will give you directions complete with charging stops.

• Helpful
Reactions: Rocky_H
Upvote 0
Are you guys for real with these posts? Why is anyone trying to use Tesla's website to plan their trips?

Use abetterrouteplanner or better yet, just get in the car and say "navigate to Sissyville". The car will give you directions complete with charging stops.
I always plan my trips. As a retired Naval Aviator, I learned a long time ago that running out of fuel due to poor planning is stupid.

Upvote 0