Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Great Alternative to Pressure Washer/Foam Cannon

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I bought a pressure washer and foam cannon, but sent them back because it was too much bother to hook them each time I wanted to wash the car (plus the washer wasn't strong enough for driveway cleaning). Now I got one of these:

and so far it's worked just as well as seen in the video. The foam is much better than what I got with a foam gun. Recommended.

The one I got shipped from China, so it took a long time to get here. It seems like a well-built, solid product. The instructions say that an indicator light will show when the SOC is full, but I didn't find any indicator light. It's probably slower than with a pressure washer, but it doesn't take long. It's faster if you consider setup time.

I did the whole car with one container and it seemed to have plenty of charge left. I used Adam's Mega Foam. Here's how it looked:

20240427_085810.jpg

Interesting.
To my mind there's not enough foam on that car, when I use my foam pressure washer attachment it whites out completely, same as how he uses it in this video.
So then I wonder if you could put out more foam, but you'll either run out of charge or foam mix.
I'm tempted to order and try it but then I remembered I use the pressure washer to rinse because it acts like a water broom pushing it all off so I don't think this is the product for me.
I do agree it feels a bit hassle connecting it all up, although I think my experience of using the pressure washer sounds better than yours. Perhaps you had a weak/unsuitable one?
Glad you're happy with it though and thanks for sharing the follow up 😎

UPDATE 2: It charges okay on another charger. It won't charge on the USB-C to USB-C charger. Here's why:

USB-A charging ports by default provide 5V to whatever is plugged in. USB-C charging ports don't.​
USB-C charging ports can only charge devices that are capable of telling the charger what charging voltage they need. And in order to do this, these devices need to conform to the USB Power Delivery (PD) protocol, usually through the use of a PD controller IC/chip, which increases the BOM/cost.​
As a result devices that are designed to be cheap and/or designed to only charge at 5V usually don't implement USB PD, and come with a USB-A to C charging cable in the box.​

Last edited: