Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Grinding sound when using summon

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

MikeKFE

2023 MXP | 2023 MSLR
Jun 22, 2016
Dallas, TX
Tonight I noticed that my S60D is making a grinding noise when I turn on summon. I press and hold the roof button on the fob and then press either the frunk or trunk button to summon it. The car makes the usual sounds and then a distinct grinding noise emits for the first few feet.

I drove the car at slow speeds with the windows down and couldn't hear any further noise. It APPEARS to only be happening whilst summoning.

Thoughts?

You have a metal on metal grinding noise? Did you have it checked?
yes metal on metal type of grinding sound, before it starts to move, from the front, not the brakes. did not have it checked, i think it is normal. it sometimes makes the sound just sitting there. however if no one else has this sound just before using summon i guess i might ask service if it is normal.

I'm kinda late to this party, but my 2018 Model 3 (purchased in March, 2022) makes an awful metal on metal screeching noise when using summon in reverse, at least. Sounds like it's coming from the front wheels. This can't be right or good. I've scheduled a service appt. to see what they say about it. What was the resolution for anyone in this thread who had that problem? Anything?