Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hansshow 6.86" Mini dash display

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I showed TMA my screen version and he told me that it's not the same unit and that if I loaded their software, it could brick the display so it's not coming from me but TMA's customer support.

Can you upload the files to google drive and share if that's the case?
You said in your previous post yesterday that Hansshow sent you some F68 firmware files from Hansshow. So use those. Not sure what your USB stick folderr structure was but it needs to be inside the "update" folder. Not sure why you are talking about TMA firmware files. I showed you a video in my previous post on how to format your USB stick and setup your file structure in the USB stick. I am not sure how difficult this process and is so simple. Ignore what I said about the files between the various manufacturers since your question was how to install the .img file and not about all these other questions you are asking.

I don't own the F68 display so I can't help you with the firmware files.

Last edited:
Hannshow sent me the files, I followed their instructions of formatting my USB to fat32 and unzipping the files inside, once I plug it into the unit, nothing happens... Do I live it as a RAR file? Kind of stumped here. The USB tested and works on 2 different PC's.
I thought about this a little more and I remember with my first display, I had some trouble with my first USB stick (16GB or 32GB...can't remember) not being recognized with the display when I plugged it in and I remember I realized it takes more than just formatting the stick to FAT32 system. You also have to make sure the Allocation unit size is set to 4096 bytes (4 Kb).

The default Allocation unit size on a 32 GB stick is 16 Kb which is too large for it because the display would not flash it. I even tried reformatting the 32 GB stick to 8192 bytes allocation unit size since that is the lowest it will go as seen in the screenshot below and it didn't work either. However for whatever reason these Hansshow chinese displays are sensitive to the Allocation unit size and can only read the 4096 byte (4 Kb) allocation unit size despite being formatted to FAT32 file system.

What I ended up doing was I found a 4 GB USB stick which I could format the stick to FAT32 and 4096 byte Allocation unit size and then transfer the files to the stick again and then finally the display can read it properly. Try to see if you can find a USB stick of 16 GB or lower which still supports the 4096 bytes Allocation unit size and try the process again. That should fix the problem. Hopefully this makes sense.

Even Hansshows instruction.txt file in blue text says to use at highest a 4 GB to 16 GB USB stick in step 1. I think what they forgot to mention specifically to also select the 4096 bytes Allocation unit size to make sure it works properly.
1. use the usb 4-16gb, and format it into fat32
2. unzip the file and copy the “update” folder
3. insert the usb to the screen ,upgrade will start
4. After the upgrade is completed, remove the USB disk
5. restart the car or restart the screen

4 GB stick 16 GB stick 32 GB stick
1717395407835.png
1717395422472.png
1717395432363.png