Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hansshow 6.86" Mini dash display

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone have false blind spot alerting with F68? Anyone know how to update / get rid of Hannshow start up pic?
You cannot get rid of the Hansshow start up pic if you flash any Hansshow firmware file. You would need to find the exact same file from the actual manufacturers who make the screen which we don't know who that is.

I’m getting the false red blind spot alerts. Starts as soon as I put an indicator.
So this happens all the time where any time you signal you just get red blind spot alerts? What firmware version are you using?

You cannot get rid of the Hansshow start up pic if you flash any Hansshow firmware file. You would need to find the exact same file from the actual manufacturers who make the screen which we don't know who that is.

So this happens all the time where any time you signal you just get red blind spot alerts? What firmware version are you using?

Hannshow rep actually sent me the file that will remove the Hannshow start up screen but I haven't gotten around to doing it, I thought there might be an easier way. I wanted a Tesla logo but he said it wasn't possible.

And to answer the second question, it happens at random/intermittently, especially if I leave the blinker on for a more extended period of time (3-6 seconds). It's like overactive, even though the Tesla camera blind spot is not alerting me, the Hannshow head unit will be. He told me to update the unit and it'll be better but not sure how true that is.

I'm on Version 2.0.231103.H.0D.0.0

How do you update this unit?

I have this screen and it's not bad. I originally bought the Hansshow version without the touch screen, then I upgraded it to the touch screen version from TMA and it works ok. My front camera got all washed out after about 1 month (like over-exposure) and Hansshow sent me a new one, and it's been fine since. This is the link to the TMA site which is the same display. T6' CarPlay/Android Auto Steering Wheel Touch Screen Display

You can email them and they will send you the latest firmware version. I do wish they added more features quicker. They also receive lots of feature requests but it's been months and I haven't seen most of them. The issue with these screens is they always bring out a new version and it has new features. Hard to get "real" updates on old screens. TMA at least has updated the firmware 3-4 times already.

One thing I noticed after installing is that the screen is not entirely level. But this is the fault of my car, as my entire steering column is slightly off - it's not quite level horizontally. I tried to fix it re-adjusting the bottom piece of the steering column (which you can unscrew), but that didn't help. That's on Tesla....

I have this screen and it's not bad. I originally bought the Hansshow version without the touch screen, then I upgraded it to the touch screen version from TMA and it works ok. My front camera got all washed out after about 1 month (like over-exposure) and Hansshow sent me a new one, and it's been fine since. This is the link to the TMA site which is the same display. T6' CarPlay/Android Auto Steering Wheel Touch Screen Display

You can email them and they will send you the latest firmware version. I do wish they added more features quicker. They also receive lots of feature requests but it's been months and I haven't seen most of them. The issue with these screens is they always bring out a new version and it has new features. Hard to get "real" updates on old screens. TMA at least has updated the firmware 3-4 times already.

One thing I noticed after installing is that the screen is not entirely level. But this is the fault of my car, as my entire steering column is slightly off - it's not quite level horizontally. I tried to fix it re-adjusting the bottom piece of the steering column (which you can unscrew), but that didn't help. That's on Tesla....
Hannshow sent me the files, I followed their instructions of formatting my USB to fat32 and unzipping the files inside, once I plug it into the unit, nothing happens... Do I live it as a RAR file? Kind of stumped here. The USB tested and works on 2 different PC's.

I purchased this screen from who I think is the manufacturer (Satonic), through aliexpress. When I received it, I wasnt able to get BT audio to play through the cars speakers. I couldnt locate a firmware upgrade until I found the one on TMAs website. After updating, everything worked fine. Now browsing through Satonics website, it looks like they released a new firmware version recently,

I messaged the TMA people and they said it is not the same firmware / same screen. They sent me a picture and the firmware and settings looks completely different. They said if I used their software, it would brick my screen, just an FYI.

I purchased this screen from who I think is the manufacturer (Satonic), through aliexpress. When I received it, I wasnt able to get BT audio to play through the cars speakers. I couldnt locate a firmware upgrade until I found the one on TMAs website. After updating, everything worked fine. Now browsing through Satonics website, it looks like they released a new firmware version recently,

How do you update this on the F68 display because the download is an .img file?

How do you update this on the F68 display because the download is an .img file?
You do the following to setup your USB drive to get it to work with the Hansshow IVT244.img file that they sent you. It is honestly very easy.

1. Grab a USB drive preferably like 1 GB to 8 GB drive and insert into computer and format the USB drive to FAT32 file system.
2. Go to the Google Drive link where the firmware files can be found and download the "update" folder.
3. Copy that "update" folder to the root level of the USB drive.
4. Go to your car and insert the USB drive using the USB-C adapter into the USB-C port on the display and it should start upgrading your device.

You can see this video at the 1:00 to 5:00 mark to see how you need to transfer the files into the USB drive and how to install the USB in the car. Ignore the part of the video about needing 3 files since that is from an older H6 system that doesn't have Carplay but essentially shows you how to get it to work on basically all of these Chinese display products. In this case you just have the one IVT244.img file which is similar to that Upgrade File 2 folder in that video. Hopefully this helps.

Last edited:
I messaged the TMA people and they said it is not the same firmware / same screen. They sent me a picture and the firmware and settings looks completely different. They said if I used their software, it would brick my screen, just an FYI.
Did you buy from tma or AliExpress? I got mine from AE but used TMAs firmware. It works fine. I only posted about the firmware from the AE seller because someone mentioned it's hard to get updates.

Did you buy from tma or AliExpress? I got mine from AE but used TMAs firmware. It works fine. I only posted about the firmware from the AE seller because someone mentioned it's hard to get updates.
The hardware should be exactly the same. I am not sure why people think the hardware is different between TMA and Aliexpress. Sure the firmware can be slightly modified with the start up animation with what comes from Aliexpress and what hansshow but the functionality assuming the same exact firmware date should be the same.

The hardware should be exactly the same. I am not sure why people think the hardware is different between TMA and Aliexpress. Sure the firmware can be slightly modified with the start up animation with what comes from Aliexpress and what hansshow but the functionality assuming the same exact firmware date should be the same.

I showed TMA my screen version and he told me that it's not the same unit and that if I loaded their software, it could brick the display so it's not coming from me but TMA's customer support.

Can you upload the files to google drive and share if that's the case?