Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Helvetia (& Tesla?) no longer offering extended warranties

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@Durzel
Paid on 9th April got confirmation email on the 10th.
Appeared in the app today or last night

Warranty expired 26/3 but I emailed them originally 28/2
Cheers. Mine is still showing expired, but I didn’t do anything after purchasing the extended warranty on 10/04. Maybe I should’ve chased Tesla Ops last week…

Had previously emailed them with my VIN and request to purchase it, per the instructions, before mine ran out on 27/03. Got a template answer, but that’s all I’ve ever heard from them.

Cheers. Mine is still showing expired, but I didn’t do anything after purchasing the extended warranty on 10/04. Maybe I should’ve chased Tesla Ops last week…

Had previously emailed them with my VIN and request to purchase it, per the instructions, before mine ran out on 27/03. Got a template answer, but that’s all I’ve ever heard from them.
@Durzel
I sent an email to TeslaOps a week or so back quoting the warranty number and got a stock reply saying it was down to Tesla Europe to sort it out.

Warranty hasn't appeared in the app for me.
I enquired about the extended warranty on 28/01/24 and received an email from Tesla honouring the date of request on the 7/02/24. Warranty expired on the 11/03/24. Purchased extended warranty on 12/04/24. Enquired about the warranty showing up in the app on 24/04/24.

• Helpful
Reactions: Durzel
I just received the email today from "TESLA OPS POLICY SUPPORT"
Thank you for your email.
Your Tesla VIN can be registered to purchase a policy online (the disclaimer can be ticked for your VIN) via the link below.
Tesla - Extended Warranty
Please note Tesla Europe validate all VIN registered, the policy will start from the day after the Tesla NVLW expired, if it is not eligible, you will receive a 100% refund to the card provider
Kind Regards
Tesla OPS Support

This is irrelevant to me as I have already bought the extended warranty and seen it appear in the app

• Informative
Reactions: Durzel
I'm pretty much at the end of my tether with this.

I bought my extended warranty policy on 10/04, after having emailed them (Tesla Ops) on 20/01 with my VIN per the instructions.

As of today it STILL doesn't show in the app as applied to my car. It just shows my basic limited warranty as having expired on 27/03.

I have tried emailing [email protected] (aka Tesla Ops), who just reply - days later usually - telling me that "Tesla Europe validates each VIN registered". I have tried emailing [email protected] and this just auto-replies telling me that "this mailbox is no longer being monitored" - although I have had replies from it, which just tell me that I need to speak to Tesla Ops.

I have no way of contacting "Tesla Europe" directly. I found an email address online ([email protected]) which just bounces, only accepting email from within the organisation.

I even tried opening a service request - which just got closed saying they couldn't do anything to help.

As things stand right now I am £2,773 down with absolutely nothing to show for it. I haven't even have a refund telling me I'm not eligible. Other people in the same position as me who bought their extended warranty policy before or after have had it reflected in the app, and in some cases follow-up emails inviting them to take out the policy. I feel like I've just flushed £2,773 down the toilet.

Short of doing a chargeback on my credit card I have no idea how to sort this out. Thoughts?

• Informative
Reactions: pharwood