Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Homelink on MY?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wonder if service center can remove my homelink in my model 3, that I am trading in, and put into my model y when I go to pick it up. Has anyone tried or asked about this yet? It’s seems to be the exact same part.

I removed the HomeLink module from my 2018 Model 3 - it was in front of the front shock beam, behind the bumper cover. It involved removing the "bumper" - the hardest part. Its doable at home but makes you cringe when pulling panel tabs and then having to reinstall the bumper.

The module is the same for late model X, 3 or Y. I actually DiY installed the HomeLink Module I got from my wrecked 2019 Model X - and paid Tesla Service ($94) to activate the HL function on my Model Y.

I relocated the HL Module on my Model 3 - so that I can access it without removing the bumper, in case I trade in my 3 for another Tesla without HL module.

See this thread about activating garage door opener function after HL module DiY install: Homelink

Last edited: