Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ingenext Boost Modules [aftermarket]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve read a bunch of posts here, Reddit and others. I know it is possible… but

Does anyone here have first hand experience with Tesla refusing a warranty repair because of boost 50 or ghost mods?
It's very weird to think about but I haven't. Considering how much message boards tend to be a vocal minority of complaints, I'd honestly expect more than the 0 I've seen so far.

Reactions: Korchva
So the misunderstanding about "voiding your warranty" is.... that's not, broadly, actually a thing.

A car company can refuse to pay to fix something broken by your mod but it's not like if you put an aftermarket stereo in they can refuse to fix a busted ball joint or something...

The cars these things are going into already have the hardware designed for the mod

All the mod is doing is telling your car it bought the factory boost (or that module), or telling it the car was programmed as a P (for cars with 980 motors, since they're HW identical to "real" Ps).

So I expect given only small # of owners have these mods anyway, and they're putting them in cars already built to work the way the mod makes them work, the # of folks who have anything "broken" due to the mod and thus even COULD be denied warranty coverage is awfully close to 0.

That doesn't mean the risk doesn't exist, but I don't think "nobody has heard of a denial" translates to "nobody COULD be denied if they did have an actual related failure somehow"

It's easily removed if you need to bring the car in. Additionally, they'd need to be able to prove the modification caused the damage. Not saying they wouldn't fight it tooth and nail. That said, it's almost like getting a new car but much cheaper. I'm getting upgradeitis and I'd rather drop a couple grand than $60k.

I'm sure Tesla can see it - without having to go in for service.

For goodness sake - they saw my ohmmu 12V lithium battery before I came in for a 12v battery problem - and wouldn't cover it under the warranty.

Reactions: Stan930
I must say that I love ingenext's device.
I use winter wiper mode
Children like rear seats heating control
And we all love the extra power. I had children's classmates literally scream in the car. Boys. The girls were like "cool, do that again" :)

Oh, on day I had all sorts of issues: car would barely accelerate, would not reset using the 2 steering wheel buttons, the tablet looked disconnected from the rest of the car, service menu would not engage. At some point I managed to get into the service menu and found that VCRight was MIA.
It turns out I had not locked the ingenext's connector to the wire harness and slowly it had disconnected, just sometimes making contact.
So, be sure to lock them!

Reactions: hyp36rmax and Evee
I recently got the boost module on model y. I feel like the go pedal is more sensitive now, can’t explain why. Also I feel like the car doesn’t slow down as fast on regen as before, I have to use the brake pedal more. Does anyone feel that way?

Reactions: 17sd
I recently got the boost module on model y. I feel like the go pedal is more sensitive now, can’t explain why. Also I feel like the car doesn’t slow down as fast on regen as before, I have to use the brake pedal more. Does anyone feel that way?
Perhaps you’re just accelerating faster and thus it’s taking longer to brake. 🤷🏽‍♂️

Pedal is just accessing more power quicker.

Sounds like it's working! From our understanding Ingenext mods are translating official signals to the drive units based on their feature sets. Power curve is modified, therefore pedal will allow more power at varying points.

Braking is definitely affected. Basically acceleration zones have increased, requires more effort to stop the car. Look at it this way, Try jogging 60 feet and stopping, we'll use that as our baseline. Now sprint the same distance and stop at the same point. Imagine stopping with the same effort as you were jogging. That's what's happening. You need to modify your driving to accomodate.

I’ll take this run on a MYLR7 😎
Just about hits advertised performance with 1ft rollout at 3.51s. Gotta try without car seats 🤣.

IMG_1099.jpeg

So I've installed the ghost module on my 740 3LR and I'm not sure that it's working?

In the web gui I have 6 options - Drift Mode, RWD Mode, Offroad Mode, Lap mode, Hard reset and Regen Control which is far fewer than all the documentation they provided).

The Energy, Batteries and Temps boxes show no info, just 0's/defaults

Following the instructions for Drift Mode doesn't trigger traction control warnings when it has started back up, and generally, my car does not feel any faster...

Have done a Hard reset as instructed and it didn't seem to make any difference

So I've installed the ghost module on my 740 3LR and I'm not sure that it's working?

In the web gui I have 6 options - Drift Mode, RWD Mode, Offroad Mode, Lap mode, Hard reset and Regen Control which is far fewer than all the documentation they provided).

The Energy, Batteries and Temps boxes show no info, just 0's/defaults

Following the instructions for Drift Mode doesn't trigger traction control warnings when it has started back up, and generally, my car does not feel any faster...

Have done a Hard reset as instructed and it didn't seem to make any difference
Did they give you the LFP harness that you install on the back part of the car? Did everything work when you selected the new Ghost installation? These were the instructions they gave me and I see the same options you had. If all those options have 0's, I would check the connections you have made and make sure nothing is loose or unplugged.

They have been pretty responsive about issues I've had so I would try contacting them.