Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Insurance UK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m paying £493 for my M3 LR with Direct Line. I’m in my 50’s and retired, fully comp, full/protected no claims, 8000 miles pa. I’ll look at By Miles when I’m due for renewal but tbh I’ve been with other insurance companies who are often a tiny bit cheaper than DL but ALWAYS end up wishing I hadn’t because DL are simply the easiest (I’m not saying perfect) insurance company to deal with, in my experience…

Reactions: Seeds369
Hey

have you tried these guys “by miles” I read on a couple of different threads that people are using them to insure theirs Tesla’s. So I got a quote today and was very surprised ste the price totally slashed my current teocheapest
I tried these guys, unfortunately they wouldn't insure me, which is a shame as the model looks innovative/interesting.
Seems I'm too young (33) and too few NCD years (2) (I had a company car for many years), when I played with the sliders 35years old and 3 years NCD seemed to be the minimum.

I’m paying £493 for my M3 LR with Direct Line. I’m in my 50’s and retired, fully comp, full/protected no claims, 8000 miles pa. I’ll look at By Miles when I’m due for renewal but tbh I’ve been with other insurance companies who are often a tiny bit cheaper than DL but ALWAYS end up wishing I hadn’t because DL are simply the easiest (I’m not saying perfect) insurance company to deal with, in my experience…
Thanks Dave,

I’ve seen a lot other people commenting similar regarding how easy DL are to deal with if you are unfortunately involved in an accident. But I’m really tempted by that bymiles quote 😊

I tried these guys, unfortunately they wouldn't insure me, which is a shame as the model looks innovative/interesting.
Seems I'm too young (33) and too few NCD years (2) (I had a company car for many years), when I played with the sliders 35years old and 3 years NCD seemed to be the minimum.
That’s as shame, I agree it’s definitely got me intrigued might give them a shot and see how it goes. I’ll update after my call with them tomorrow to see if that price changes or there are things missing from the cover

That’s as shame, I agree it’s definitely got me intrigued might give them a shot and see how it goes. I’ll update after my call with them tomorrow to see if that price changes or there are things missing from the cover
So I called by miles and they are unable to insure any M3 made after 2020 as their tech team are working on how to remove a zero and replace it with a one 🤣 as the only options on their website are 2019 & 2020 they don’t know how long it’s going to take to figure it out but they are hard at it day and night😂

“by miles smart meets smart” but we can’t understand how to update our website 🤪

I don’t know if the representative I was talking to just wasn’t the best or is by miles maybe just not the that good either

So I called by miles and they are unable to insure any M3 made after 2020 as their tech team are working on how to remove a zero and replace it with a one 🤣 as the only options on their website are 2019 & 2020 they don’t know how long it’s going to take to figure it out but they are hard at it day and night😂

“by miles smart meets smart” but we can’t understand how to update our website 🤪

I don’t know if the representative I was talking to just wasn’t the best or is by miles maybe just not the that good either

Oh god, as a software engineer, this makes me hurt. It shouldn't be that difficult for a tech company 😂

If you have a 21/71 reg then you can get a quote. I dont pick up until September 28th but had a picture on my phone of the test drive M3P registration so used that to get an idea of true cost instead of the quick quote calculator.

Annoyingly it looks like you require a reg to even get a quote. May try them out later on when Tesla decide that they want to provide that information 😅
Hey

if you scroll down the page there is a section for Tesla’s that allows you to get a quote without a Reg. But if you have or are getting a 2021 don’t bother.
If you have a 21/71 reg then you can get a quote. I dont pick up until September 28th but had a picture on my phone of the test drive M3P registration so used that to get an idea of true cost instead of the quick quote calculator.
hi Kev

it must have been the person I got on the phone she didn’t sound to confident. I’ll give them another try. I hope you don’t mind me asking was your quote any good?

Hey

if you scroll down the page there is a section for Tesla’s that allows you to get a quote without a Reg. But if you have or are getting a 2021 don’t bother.

hi Kev

it must have been the person I got on the phone she didn’t sound to confident. I’ll give them another try. I hope you don’t mind me asking was your quote any good?

It was the best by a couple of hundred pound. I need to use car for business and they have as standard on the policy and I added partner who has had a couple of prangs 3 years ago. It was £396 + 8.6p per mile so for 10k miles around £1200 - 37 y/o with 18 ncd. Try it with the reg if you like - AJ21UWP

Hey, wanted to see if anyone here has experience buying insurance for a M3P around the age of ~24. I had a quote from Direct Line just a couple of weeks ago which was placed at £2,100/year which is pretty good but when going to purchase the insurance today DL no longer wish to insure me and Compare the Market gives me a higher quote than they did before, going from £2,200 to £3,300 (all non telemetrics quotes)

I expect these high prices as I've only been driving for a bit over 2 years with a NCD to match, but it's slightly annoying that refreshing the exact same quote from a few weeks ago results in a 50% increase for no reason that I can see. I'm not sure if I should just bite the bullet and buy the lowest quote (Admiral) or wait to see if the prices go down at all or if anyone has any other recommendations, not picking up until 22nd September so I have a couple of weeks.

Hey, wanted to see if anyone here has experience buying insurance for a M3P around the age of ~24. I had a quote from Direct Line just a couple of weeks ago which was placed at £2,100/year which is pretty good but when going to purchase the insurance today DL no longer wish to insure me and Compare the Market gives me a higher quote than they did before, going from £2,200 to £3,300 (all non telemetrics quotes)

I expect these high prices as I've only been driving for a bit over 2 years with a NCD to match, but it's slightly annoying that refreshing the exact same quote from a few weeks ago results in a 50% increase for no reason that I can see. I'm not sure if I should just bite the bullet and buy the lowest quote (Admiral) or wait to see if the prices go down at all or if anyone has any other recommendations, not picking up until 22nd September so I have a couple of weeks.
If you include your collection date in the quote, they know you’re getting close so will bump up the price as you get more and more desperate as you get nearer the date.
Cheapest quotes are typically 21-24 days before policy start date.

Reactions: moodel_tree
If you include your collection date in the quote, they know you’re getting close so will bump up the price as you get more and more desperate as you get nearer the date.
Cheapest quotes are typically 21-24 days before policy start date.
Do you think I'd be best just buying the best price I can get now then? Rather than waiting for it to most likely just increase further

It was the best by a couple of hundred pound. I need to use car for business and they have as standard on the policy and I added partner who has had a couple of prangs 3 years ago. It was £396 + 8.6p per mile so for 10k miles around £1200 - 37 y/o with 18 ncd. Try it with the reg if you like - AJ21UWP
Thanks

I’ll give it a try, I’m also looking for business use so sounds good