Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just had some service(good)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a late 2018 LR Dual Motor 18k miles on the clock, delivered March 2019. I live in Vermont with only mobile service available.

I had a noise(which in the end was actually the passenger side front wheel bearing). It has been getting progressively worse over the last 4-6 weeks.

Friday February 21 I contacted via text our local ranger as I have needed him before and to see if he could diagnose prior to just showing up in Massachusetts with a noise. He happened to be within 10 miles of my house. I met him as I was heading in the direction he was coming from. From my text to the end of our test drive was 27 minutes.

His advice: ok to drive the car. If something happens it will get flat bedded to Watertown Mass and its under warranty. If not drive it down. I drove it down.

He coordinated with Watertown Mass service.

Appointment was Wednesday 2-26. Arrived at 7:34am. Expected drive unit replacement.

I was provided with a MX P90D with all the goodies(is my daughter loved it). I was out the door at 7:42 on my way back to VT.

3 hours later they check in and say not only was it not the drive motor, just a wheel bearing. Doh! I just arrived home back in Vermont 3 hours away. I wish I had waited, but if I waited it would have been the drive unit.....

So I had the Model X until 2-29-2020, took my daughter and went to pick up the 3.(nice to have a loaner with free charging).

My 3 was fully charged as it was plugged in all night last night. I logged in and warmed it up and topped it off for my drive home about an hour before pickup.

I was on the ground at the service center for maybe 1 minute inside.

It took more time to move the car seat.

I was a bit concerned as a service center was not near by and of course reading here. It is important but not so much so if one can hope for an experience like this. I certainly didn't need to waste 10 hours driving, but I do like driving and got some city chores done too.

What is important are the people that staff these locations. Kudos to Watertown(I didn't get the fellow's name, but he checked me in and out) and Rob our VT Ranger.

I think good stories are worth telling too.

God bless that experience. Congratulations.
I had a fabulous service center in 2017, now its horrible. Guy on desk stood there told me I didn't know what I was talking about on my car. He lied to my face. I had 4 trouble tickets, Fremont fixed my problem, thank you programmers. I had a coolant problem, mobile dispatcher refused to send ranger to ck car. I must go th SC. I said NO. I'm not taking off from work. You are very lucky. Be happy.

That is indeed a good experience. Funny enough i had the same problem. When going on freeway at higher speeds, I would hear this whine noise. Made appointment, brought in the car. Tech went on a test drive with me, noise was kind of there but not too apparent. Left car there and got Uber voucher. Next day, app showed car in service but nothing from service. I texted towards end of the day to see whats up. both wheel bearings and hubs needed to be replaced. The did put in "dual badge" on my car per service bulletin and when i picked up the car i asked those to be removed, 2 minutes later, letter by letter it was gone. Now car, as i am sure yours @mikeskuro drives like a champ. Sure i had to wait 2 weeks for appointment but overall great experience so far.