Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Looking for the answer to these two ?'s

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1/what is this 2nd fan about..It is NOT the rear seat ! I hit something and this became a new member on the dash

2/ I can NOT seem to be able to get the charging screen either on mobile or car to show me the % I can choose
ANY HELP will be greatly appreciated

Also as a bonus ?...I have 2019 MX do we not get the backup noise? Only for the 3?

Thanx in Advance

Attachments

• IMG_3651.jpg
    IMG_3651.jpg
    589.9 KB · Views: 85
  • Funny
Reactions: BZM3
1/what is this 2nd fan about..It is NOT the rear seat ! I hit something and this became a new member on the dash
You've turned off SYNC so the driver and passenger get different temperatures (not fan speeds). See page 140 of the owners manual. If you change either temp, it should give a popup to re-enable SYNC, after which you'll only get 1 temp.

2/ I can NOT seem to be able to get the charging screen either on mobile or car to show me the % I can choose
You may need to be more specific here. My first reaction is to assume you've done this before and you're having a new problem, in which case I'm not sure what to advise. That having been said, without additional information, I have the following two comments:
  1. If you tap the lightning bolt on the top of the MCU and a blank window pops up at the bottom, close it and then tap the lightning bolt on the top again. In my experience, the screen is usually not blank the second time.
  2. If you can see the charging window but have never made this adjustment, there should be a "Set Charging Limit" (or something like that) button that you need to tap. Once you tap it, you drag the limit using the arrow on the bottom of the battery. In v8, it was possible to move that incrementally using arrows on either side of the battery in addition to sliding it to set it wherever you want, but those arrows were removed with v9, so you can only drag now.

since everyone was so fast & informed..I have one last challenge...I thought at one point I had a warning signal off my side mirrorS about approaching cars that either I was getting to close to...or they to me..it's not there any more..was I crazy & if not how do I get them back? I did request a Serv Appt but I'm confident the forum will be able to help me correct this before my Appt Jan 03 2020...I'd hate to have an accident before correction...my blind spot etc

• Funny
  • Disagree
Reactions: ABC2D and mswlogo
since everyone was so fast & informed..I have one last challenge...I thought at one point I had a warning signal off my side mirrorS about approaching cars that either I was getting to close to...or they to me..it's not there any more..was I crazy & if not how do I get them back? I did request a Serv Appt but I'm confident the forum will be able to help me correct this before my Appt Jan 03 2020...I'd hate to have an accident before correction...my blind spot etc

I won’t bother telling you why since you’ll give me thumbs down for some stupid reason. I will say there is nothing wrong with your blind spot.

just thumbs down cuz MX does not have yet!! thanks for the rapid response

You shouldn't have given him a thumbs down, ma'am. I get it that you think the model X should have that feature and I assume you were trying to express your displeasure that it does not. That's not what the thumb down is for....it means you think the poster gave incorrect information, or that you don't agree with an opinion.

You shouldn't have given him a thumbs down, ma'am. I get it that you think the model X should have that feature and I assume you were trying to express your displeasure that it does not. That's not what the thumb down is for....it means you think the poster gave incorrect information, or that you don't agree with an opinion.
thanks for the FYI, but I did explain myself...does he get credits or something or is he just sensitive?

thanks for the FYI, but I did explain myself...does he get credits or something or is he just sensitive?
Profiles show the number of each that you've received. For instance, see your profile here: jerseygirl18. On the left side of the screen under your profile picture is "Post Ratings" with a count of all ratings.

ETA: Also, Tesla has never put blind spot indicators in the mirrors, so his response was probably accurate so long as you continued to not understand the rating system (because you would presumably want to thumbs down Tesla again).

Profiles show the number of each that you've received. For instance, see your profile here: jerseygirl18. On the left side of the screen under your profile picture is "Post Ratings" with a count of all ratings.

ETA: Also, Tesla has never put blind spot indicators in the mirrors, so his response was probably accurate so long as you continued to not understand the rating system (because you would presumably want to thumbs down Tesla again).
your comment really isn't correct...I never want to thumbs down Tesla...that's ridiculous..I own the car, I luv the car, I also am not that into ratings on a forum..I would say someone needs to get a Real life

your comment really isn't correct...I never want to thumbs down Tesla...that's ridiculous..I own the car, I luv the car, I also am not that into ratings on a forum..I would say someone needs to get a Real life
Three things:
  1. Semantics are semantics. If you would "boo" not having sounds, you would probably "boo" not having mirror indicators. Regardless of where you intend for that "boo" to be directed, it's still a "boo."
  2. While the ratings on a forum will never be perfect, they do have intention at the very least. In the case of this forum, thumbs up appears to be intended to mean "like," but thumbs down appears to be intended to mean "disagree," and while that doesn't make a lot of sense nor necessarily justify getting riled up, you've still technically disagreed with a factual statement / called someone who provided good information wrong.
  3. I'm not going to guess at which cliché incantation of this you likely were raised by, but to say the least, it is advisable to be nice to persons who are willing to help you if you want them to continue to be willing to help you.

Three things:
  1. Semantics are semantics. If you would "boo" not having sounds, you would probably "boo" not having mirror indicators. Regardless of where you intend for that "boo" to be directed, it's still a "boo."
  2. While the ratings on a forum will never be perfect, they do have intention at the very least. In the case of this forum, thumbs up appears to be intended to mean "like," but thumbs down appears to be intended to mean "disagree," and while that doesn't make a lot of sense nor necessarily justify getting riled up, you've still technically disagreed with a factual statement / called someone who provided good information wrong.
  3. I'm not going to guess at which cliché incantation of this you likely were raised by, but to say the least, it is advisable to be nice to persons who are willing to help you if you want them to continue to be willing to help you.
Three things:
#3 what are you really saying? " What I was raised by"..are you suggesting something here?

#3 what are you really saying? " What I was raised by"..are you suggesting something here?
Since my sentence structure seems to throw people off sometimes, here is what I was really saying:
  1. You were probably raised by at least one parent or guardian who was most likely human
  2. Said parent or guardian probably used some form of at least one of the following phrases (aka cliché incantations) at some point in your childhood:
    1. Do unto others as you would have them do unto you
    2. Treat others like you want to be treated
    3. If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all
    4. You'll catch more flies with honey than with vinegar
    5. <there are plenty more, they all mean roughly the same thing>