Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Losing interest in the Tesla Brand

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How hard is it for some people to look outside their own world and realise that the price drop they saw wasn't the same everywhere. Ask those buyers in Taiwan and China how if feels to find out your car is now 50% cheaper than it was the day before. Never ever seen that happen in the automotive world and nor should it.

Did you ever think that maybe the price adjustment was necessary over there because they were too high to begin with?

• Disagree
Reactions: thegruf
Did you ever think that maybe the price adjustment was necessary over there because they were too high to begin with?

when you have purchased a car from Tesla in good faith
when you have peronally lost $50,000 overnight

then you will be qualified to insult the intelligence of other owners who have suffered this

until such time your views are welcome whether others agree with them or not, but please respect others circumstances by refraining from crass comments such as the one above

then you will be qualified to insult the intelligence of other owners who have suffered this

until such time your views are welcome whether others agree with them or not, but please respect others circumstances by refraining from crass comments such as the one above

Lol. Nice

Agreed that Tesla has low competition, but how do you think service is a problem? My cars have never, NEVER needed service, two with over 80,000 miles on them, one with over 10,000. What's there to service?

Or are you just taking it in for fun? Everyone I know never takes their car in for service. Why do YOU? Maybe you just like to pay for things you don't need.

As to "Easter eggs", why is that a "serious problem"? Never been a problem on my car. Never worry about them. Car works great, software works great on center screen. Don't need to worry about Easter eggs.

You ought to try running your car for four years without taking it in for service. Use the money to take a friend out to dinner or something. Or put it in the bank.

Service is not an achilles heel, not in any way. You are flat wrong. There is no service. Tesla will happily give you an appointment, keep your car all day, and return it to you at the end of the work day, and even charge you so you will be happy. Personally I'm happy without the folderol, the getting my car to the service center (115 miles), leaving it, coming back, paying for nothing.

I can deal with doing without service!
This is hilarious, you use anectdotal evidence as "proof" while telling someone they are 'flat out wrong' despite the actual OWNER of Tesla going on record stating that service was an issue they needed to focus on! This site is littered with posts from people having service issues but because "you and your friends" never needed it, obviously it can't be true and everyone else is just wrong.

Elon Musk on Twitter

The poster has said to own a "2013 Model S75", a used 2013 with a later model battery implant. No $50K loss overnight and no empathy for those who have gone through it.

Please don’t waste our time with spelling corrections.

An interesting critique from someone who proudly declares they are a "Fritterer and waster of hours in an off hand wayer" :D

We communicate by writing here. Poor communication is actually the real waste of time since that's the point of this place.

So lets pump the "brakes" on common misspellings to promote more effective communication. @GreenT only posted when that poster repeatedly failed to properly spell a word that created significant ambiguity in their own posts.

The poster has said to own a "2013 Model S75", a used 2013 with a later model battery implant. No $50K loss overnight and no empathy for those who have gone through it.

yup I sure do have a 2013 S 75. Thanks for recognizing that. And yes I do have empathy for the ones who lost (insert dollar amount here), Im just of the mind set that price adjustments happen all the time and I have experienced significant financial losses overnight so I do know how it feels.

An interesting critique from someone who proudly declares they are a "Fritterer and waster of hours in an off hand wayer" :D

We communicate by writing here. Poor communication is actually the real waste of time since that's the point of this place.

So lets pump the "brakes" on common misspellings to promote more effective communication. @GreenT only posted when that poster repeatedly failed to properly spell a word that created significant ambiguity in their own posts.

It is not anyones place to correct or point out mispellings (auto correct might have played a part in their, there spelling).

Anyone's? ;)

This is the manufacturing and pricing model we have all bought into. It has never been any different. There is no model year. The car one person picked up on March 8 could (and is likely to) differ from one picked on March 1, sometimes on minor points, sometimes dramatically. HW 1 to 2 to 2.5. Happened dynamically. Model S refresh. Ordered one day too early, sorry! Price goes up, price goes down? Tesla has always adjusted price and options on the fly. My P90D had perforated seats that were announced two days after my order. I was able to swing them but if I had been a week or two early in ordering, the perforated seats wouldn't have happened. And then, later, poof! No more perf seats! Not saying that there aren't issues with things promised and things delivered, but we have no basis (in my view only) to complain if prices change even on a day to day basis. We always knew (because it was quite public) that the early adopters were paying not for the cost of the Teslas we were buying, but rather the car plus a very significant premium for the development of the SC network plus the development of other, lower cost models. If, at some time, Tesla decides "thank you that will be sufficient," then pricing is more likely to approach a more traditional cost plus profit element, which we would all expect could bring prices down dramatically. Again, we all knew this. So (again in my opinion) it is hard to complain. When I buy my new Performace (P140D) in another year, it is likely I will pay far less than I paid for my P100D 1.5 years ago. Cool!

Last edited:
Anyone's?
This is the manufacturing and pricing model we have all bought into. It has never been any different. There is no model year. The car one person picked up on March 8 could (and is likely to) differ from one picked on March 1, sometimes on minor points, sometimes dramatically. HW 1 to 2 to 2.5. Happened dynamically. Model S refresh. Ordered one day too early, sorry! Price goes up, price goes down? Tesla has always adjusted price and options on the fly. My P90D had perforated seats that were announced two days after my order. I was able to swing them but if I had been a week or two early in order, the perforated seats wouldn't have happened. And then, later, poof! No more perf seats! Not saying that there aren't issues with things promised and things delivered, but we have no basis (in my view only) to complain if prices change even on a day to day basis. We always knew (because it was quite public) that the early adopters were paying not for the cost of the Teslas we were buying, but rather the car plus the SC network plus the development of other models. If, at some time, Tesla decides "thank you that will be sufficient," then pricing is more likely to approach a more traditional cost plus profit element, which we would all expect could bring prices down dramatically. Again, we all knew this. So (again in my opinion) it is hard to complain. When I buy my new Performace (P140D) in another year, it is likely I will pay far less than I paid for my P100D 1.5 years ago. Cool!

agreed!