Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki MASTER THREAD: Actual FSD Beta downloads and experiences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just had two more drives around my city including on and off interstate paths. Both were flawless and zero interventions including areas that always had mistakes on previous versions. Also it didn't seem to do anything that would anger other drivers so that was nice. Wish it was like that all the time but progress is progress lol
Good to hear, but unfortunately they are reports of 11.3.3 being problematic. If true, this dot release is not long for this world.

Good to hear, but unfortunately they are reports of 11.3.3 being problematic. If true, this dot release is not long for this world.
More like status quo? Been like that forever for Beta software specifically. Maybe it depends on what you mean by "problematic" - as compared to 10.69.25 or compared to a baked product? Of course there remains a boatload of issues but most seem to say it's a positive step in the right direction.

More like status quo? Been like that forever for Beta software specifically. Maybe it depends on what you mean by "problematic" - as compared to 10.69.25 or compared to a baked product? Of course there remains a boatload of issues but most seem to say it's a positive step in the right direction.
Compared to a release that Tesla would release “widely”. This one also seems like it will be DoA. Maybe 11.3.4? Maybe the 2023 holiday release? Who knows. v11 has been coming soon for over a year now. TGC!

Reactions: KArnold
Well damn, just had another drive where I needed three interventions in a minute. The last two were bad and they were very simple scenarios that it shouldn't have trouble with.

Car suddenly tried to switch into a closed construction lane with evenly spaced orange barrels...turning right towards one with the blinker on. It happened out of the blue and very fast. If I didn't swerve back it would have hit a barrel. It was also very odd because I was approaching a navigation left turn very soon so I have no idea why it would try to switch into the closed right lane. It tapped the brake at the same time. That was sketchy.

Then less than a minute later, it approached my subdivision entrance and decided to go off road before the turn...almost as if it saw the rough small shoulder as a turning lane. It was also approaching that turn way too fast. That was the first time the car has ever done that.

Well damn, just had another drive where I needed three interventions in a minute. The last two were bad and they were very simple scenarios that it shouldn't have trouble with.

Car suddenly tried to switch into a closed construction lane with evenly spaced orange barrels...turning right towards one with the blinker on. It happened out of the blue and very fast. If I didn't swerve back it would have hit a barrel. It was also very odd because I was approaching a navigation left turn very soon so I have no idea why it would try to switch into the closed right lane. It tapped the brake at the same time. That was sketchy.

Then less than a minute later, it approached my subdivision entrance and decided to go off road before the turn...almost as if it saw the rough small shoulder as a turning lane. It was also approaching that turn way too fast. That was the first time the car has ever done that.
A FB post… interesting.

“Here’s a followup on my post of a couple days ago with my feedback on using 2022.45.11 (11.3.2). Good news, I was able to update to 2022.45.12 (11.3.3) last night. This morning I went for another short 10 mile test drive this morning around my neighborhood, max 35 mph speed limit. Sunny, good roads light traffic. Not much change in the performance of this newest release of FSD when running with navigation. I don't want to be too negative but I the same issues with my short drive in my 2022 MYLR using FSD with Navigation.
1. The car came to a full stop at an intersection with a flashing yellow left turn signal and no oncoming traffic.
2. After maybe 10 seconds the car decided to move and started to turn “right” at which time I took control. This is different from 2022.45.11.
3. A four way stop was handled correctly with other cross traffic.
4. Right turn into a parking lot was handled OK
5. On the way back i encountered one instance of phantom braking at a different location from 2022.45.11.
6. My right turn signal turned on for several seconds when the road made a bend to the right. This happened only one time on my short trip back to my house and at a different location from the three times running under 22022.45.11.
7. The car stopped at a stop sign then proceeded about 5 feet past the stop sign making a right turn and decided to stop for a couple seconds (no traffic anywhere) then it proceeded to complete a jerky right turn.
8. The next right turn at a stop sign was handle OK.
9. Also, on my way back from Home Depot later in the morning, Navigation was telling FSD to go straight on a road for another 2 miles. FSD put me into a right turn lane and tried to turn into my local high school. I took control and forced the car into the other lane to go straight. Fortunately there were no other cars nearby. I put FSD back on and the car proceeded for the next 2 miles making a right turn into my neighborhood.
10. The while in my neighborhood, FSD caused the car to come to a complete stop behind a pickup truck the was parked on the side of the road. I took control. FSD then passed the next vehicle that was parked on the side of the road with no issue. I guess FSD has a thing for pickup trucks.
1. On a positive note, the 2022.45.12 seems to put me into the correct lane about 1 mile from a turn when under navigation. I like this as prior releases would wait until the very last minute to get into the correct lane.
2. Also acceleration from a stop light seems much quicker when driving in the same mode as when i was driving with release 10 days. I no longer have to depress the accelerator pedal to keep up with other cars. Braking still occurs way too late.
I am wondering what experiences other people are having with 2022.45.12 (11.3.3). At this point, I’m just going to sit back and wait until release 12 comes out. There’s way too many issues with release 11. I may still play with release 11, but my expectations are way low

Saw a YT saying it was honoring "no turn on red" signs. Anyone confirm?
Maybe. On just one observation, so not confident. The situation was three parallel lanes of traffic hitting a stop light. FSDb put me in the right-most lane coming up, then about 100 feet out decided to switch to the middle. I did not like that, so disengaged by steering and filed a verbal report. Then, sitting first in line facing a red light with a "no turn on red" sign I doubled-clicked to engage FSDb. The car stayed put until the light turned green, then proceeded properly.

So that is one case (of many) that was handled right and might mean it read the sign. I don't recall being at the head of the line at this intersection before, so can't affirm that this was a behavior change.

A problem I repeatedly am having on 11.3.3 (and had same issue on 11.3.2): on narrow 2 lane road w cars parked on right side, FSD now drives close to curb. Then if there is a parked car, it stops behind the car instead of going around it.
Seems like .3 created more problems than it solved with .2. Junk. Will not install this one, that is, if it arrives. Will wait for .4 or .5. I know, it could be a long wait, but beats being aggravated by yet another crappy release from TGC.

11.3.2 and .3 - DoA

8BD9B179-6111-48EF-AE34-B1F82BF112E0.gif

This version is rough. Just had two more drives (morning coffee route). Tons of mistakes and interventions. It also tried driving in to a closed construction lane again and nearly hit another orange barrel. Tried to take the 90 degree turn into my subdivision at 45 mph, slamming on brakes last second and taking the shoulder. It was so bad this morning, even after a reset. It's also doing very odd blinker behavior like turning on the blinker after it is already halfway through the turn lol. Today it seems flat out awful and a bit dangerous. I'm shocked they are going wider on this release.

• Informative
Reactions: DriveMe and jebinc
This version is rough. Just had two more drives (morning coffee route). Tons of mistakes and interventions. It also tried driving in to a closed construction lane again and nearly hit another orange barrel. Tried to take the 90 degree turn into my subdivision at 45 mph, slamming on brakes last second and taking the shoulder. It was so bad this morning, even after a reset. It's also doing very odd blinker behavior like turning on the blinker after it is already halfway through the turn lol. Today it seems flat out awful and a bit dangerous. I'm shocked they are going wider on this release.
But not so rough that the Charlatan can't recognize additional revenue (from the deferred revenue stockpile) from this release.... I'm just sayin'....