Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MASTER THREAD: USB drives that work with Sentry and TeslaCam

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You might want to look in the Model S forum for a big thread on playing music through usb. It's evolved considerably over the years, from virtually unusable to it's current state, which is usable but really limited.

As far as USB audio resuming correctly, it's hard for me to say whether a ssd will improve your situation, as I've only been using a ssd for music since last January. I have a sandisk extreme ssd formatted ext4, single partition, running into it's own usb port (no hub) for music. With the current software i have, 2019.36.2.1, music resumes correctly something like 90% of the time. The one obvious time it won't resume is the morning after you pull the drive and change anything on it - for some reason after it recatalogs, the first sleep cycle causes it to forget where it is. After that, it keeps its place really well. I should note that I also pause the music before getting out of the car, don't know if that makes a difference, but it's a habit I have.

Are you sure? Seems to be still listed on their site.
I do not know for a fact, which is why I said "seems". Fry's typically only puts items which are discontinued(when it is a major manufacturer) on clearance(and have sold out at all local stores). The prices at Amazon, Best Buy, etc also seem to be pushing the product out.

This has been on sale since before Black Friday Sales started.

Manufacturers often leave pages up until the market has been cleared.

I do not know for a fact, which is why I said "seems". Fry's typically only puts items which are discontinued(when it is a major manufacturer) on clearance(and have sold out at all local stores). The prices at Amazon, Best Buy, etc also seem to be pushing the product out.

This has been on sale since before Black Friday Sales started.

Manufacturers often leave pages up until the market has been cleared.
Ah ok. Looks to be still sold, but who knows.

edit: Haven’t seen it discontinued so who knows.

I put in a 2TB drive, but it kept getting corrupted. It would work a day or two then I would have to format it again. I tried several ways to format it (different PC programs and my macbook). I finally got it to work reliably when I formatted it just below 1TB. It has worked a couple of months without issue now that it is below 1TB. So, if I were doing it again I would only buy the 1TB size (or smaller).

Reactions: ZappCatt