Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not to nit pick, but maintaining servers to operate a cloud based service does indeed cost money. The opener is just a universal device that sends a signal, it's not a garage door opener. Without it, you can just carry your garage door opener in the car. It's pretty handy really, I like that I can also open with my phone for neighbors etc. Amazon link: https://a.co/d/0jvAHVU
There is a light web service if you are away from home, but if you are on wifi, MyQ can run locally directly to the device. That web service component is already available for the mobile app for free though as well. It costs maybe 10 cents a year per user for how light it is. (I am a software developer for a SAAS provider.)

I checked out the Carlsbad overflow lot. There were 3 Performance 3s there that I saw (maybe 4, I forget). Blue, red, and grey. Pretty sure the red one was @makeyourself's :)

Looking forward to getting my upgrade soon enough; just waiting on those delivery estimate dates to close up on my order 🙃

IMG_2749.jpeg
IMG_2745.jpeg
IMG_2740.jpeg
IMG_2744.jpeg
IMG_2742.jpeg
IMG_2743.jpeg
IMG_2737.jpeg
IMG_2738.jpeg
IMG_2739.jpeg

Didn’t work in the trial well for me either. However, they sent me and additional trial offer after I left a lengthy review telling them the issues I was having with it between WiFi and LTE handoff. I ended up signing up for the full 10 years as they’ve fixed the service and it now works most of the time and if it does not work automatically they’ve added a button to activate the door manually of sorts. Still not 100% but neither was my clicker plus I never have to change the batteries.😉
I paid the $350 to get the homelink module in my MYP and will do the same again for my M3P. I'd rather pay the extra $50 for hardware I own rather than pay them exorbitantly to resell me something I already bought.

Reactions: JezzaE
Tesla also sells a Homelink module you can buy one time and it’s just a local remote that can trigger the door. That’s the route I’m gonna take myself. Personally I find the lack of it being included in a new car that’s 50k kind of silly for them to save a few bucks on.
The homelink module is also a lot more reliable than MyQ in my experience. It doesn't know if the door is open or closed, but it's also not dependent on network connectivity.

@makeyourself is going to be like a rock star for a few days, lucky bugger!

I checked out the Carlsbad overflow lot. There were 3 Performance 3s there that I saw (maybe 4, I forget). Blue, red, and grey. Pretty sure the red one was @makeyourself's :)

Looking forward to getting my upgrade soon enough; just waiting on those delivery estimate dates to close up on my order 🙃
Thanks guys 🙏 ! Also thanks @finder39 for doing my pre-inspection! Did you happen to see any panel gaps? 😜

I'm definitely no rock star but just a lucky individual that has the opportunity to take delivery soon. I did contact my Sales Advisor regarding the supposed "firmware update" that was reported to have delayed someone's order from yesterday to Saturday (via reddit). SA said they'd get back to me so I'll report back if anything. Anyways, look forward to hearing and seeing all the excitement as we ALL eventually take delivery of this glorious vehicle!

Attachments

• IMG_1636.jpeg
    IMG_1636.jpeg
    488.2 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_1634.jpeg
    IMG_1634.jpeg
    490.9 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_1633.jpeg
    IMG_1633.jpeg
    337.5 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_1632.jpeg
    IMG_1632.jpeg
    372.4 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_1631.jpeg
    IMG_1631.jpeg
    654 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_1630.jpeg
    IMG_1630.jpeg
    526.7 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_1629.jpeg
    IMG_1629.jpeg
    557.4 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_1638.jpeg
    IMG_1638.jpeg
    455.4 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_1637.jpeg
    IMG_1637.jpeg
    439.3 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_1635.jpeg
    IMG_1635.jpeg
    275 KB · Views: 2

View attachment 1047254View attachment 1047255View attachment 1047262View attachment 1047256View attachment 1047258View attachment 1047257View attachment 1047259View attachment 1047260View attachment 1047261
I must have been there right after you!

Awesome reconnaissance work @Jangy !

It was between white and red for me. Debated for a long time well before the M3P release. All my previous cars have been white also and thought I'd try to change it up. Honestly red was the last color I was thinking about until I finally saw UR on a model S plaid in person a few weeks ago. Crazy how UR can change shades on you depending on the time of day. Anyways, I don't think you can go wrong with any of the colorways for the M3P. I do wish however that Tesla offered a brighter blue option much like what we see from the BMW M series and Porsche individual colorways.

Last edited:
Reactions: mpgxsvcd and Jangy