Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The SA said he wasn’t aware of delays to black interiors and looked up my order.
We know more than him about what's getting VINs. Only white is in production based on the data we have and what we're seeing sent to showrooms and on trucks. In fact, only three colors have VINs.

1715907880453.png

Last edited:
Black interior folks in shambles rn
FR... red/black here and I'm sitting on "estimated: July" (april 23 order date). Starting to be weak and looking at lightly used model S.

I thought of switching to gray/white, but afraid theres going to be way too many gray cars. Sidenote: tesla just raised the price again to 54990. White interior is free though. Gray is the only color that qualifies for the credit.

I have good news regarding black interiors (well at least for myself 😄) I was near my local tesla store, ao i decided to pop in to see if I could gather any intel. I mentioned only seeing white interior vins, and the SA said he wasn’t aware of delays to black interiors and looked up my order. My EDD in my app is May 17-31st, previously May 26th to June 30th. On his lookup, he saw my SG/Black M3P has an ETA of May 23, and said I should be getting a VIN anytime now.

I know the May 23rd date is still an estimate, but I’m overly optimistic. He seemed pretty confident in that date. Will keep everyone posted!
That seems about right and what I'm hoping for. May 20 something is not far away so the range seems like it's long to cya, but unlikely to be needed. They seem to have a pretty good idea of things.

Black interior folks in shambles rn
I can just imagine it now... Louise, the little old 'seat-lady' at the Fremont factory, sewing together white-leather seats as fast as she can... "Mr. Musk said white, so that's all yer gettin'!" :)

It's definitely frustrating, but gives an idea what some of the other M3 buyers have been experiencing earlier this year. All good things come to those who wait, or something like that.

• Funny
Reactions: hkarthik
Kinda wondering if they'd go straight to $60k or something if they did go above $55k. Maybe they underestimated how well this model would be received?
I think I was right on my theory that q1 sales were down because people were waiting for the new 3p. Way too many people waiting for juniper on Ys and anyone that was reasonably well informed knew to expect that performance would be cheaper than LR.