Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Today, we lift up in prayer all those who are waiting for their VINs to be assigned to their vehicle orders. We ask for patience and perseverance in this time of waiting, knowing that each VIN brings us one step closer to experiencing the fruits of our car loans.

Bless the hands and minds that assemble these vehicles, ensuring their safe and swift completion. May the process be smooth and efficient, free from black interior delays and EPA complications. Grant those waiting the joy of soon receiving the VINs to their new M3Ps, symbols of launching it from every traffic signal.

Amen.

No vin yet but but my EDD yesterday said 5/16 to 5/30. This morning it says 5/17 to 5/30. I guess for obvious reasons. Maybe they'll keep creeping up that first date on me daily until 5/30, Hahaha...
This is what's been happening to me as the date changes:
May 12 - May 25
May 13 - May 25
May 14 - May 25
etc.
Every damn day.

Gosh I wish they would have done the alcantara on the sores with white interior instead of the white material (which does anyone know what the material is? Plastic?)
Have an upholstery shop do your door trim in Alcantara.
Or If your ok with DIY, Alcantara is affordable in sheets from upholstery stores and/or from Amazon. Just pick the non-backed Alcantara, and then pick the color you want. BMW uses color 9002 (dark charcoal) porsche uses a lighter medium grey closer to color 9053. Don't use 9040 black as it's too dark and you won't see the nap. Then a good contact adhesive.

Amazon.com

Amazon.com

Have an upholstery shop do your door trim in Alcantara.
Or If your ok with DIY, Alcantara is affordable in sheets from upholstery stores and/or from Amazon. Just pick the non-backed Alcantara, and then pick the color you want. BMW uses color 9002 (dark charcoal) porsche uses a lighter medium grey closer to color 9053. Don't use 9040 black as it's too dark and you won't see the nap. Then a good contact adhesive.

Amazon.com

Amazon.com
Dope good to know thanks!

Reactions: jv92red
1000013769.jpg

Wow Just got this. They really try to push Model Y. Just make more model 3!

Reactions: mpgxsvcd
Dubai. Looks like first delivery in UAE. I have the same external color with black interiors with no VIN so far. Black is definitely DELAYED and not getting produced in any of the factories. FML !
Had a brief interaction with my delivery advisor. She sort of confirmed that black interior cars have not been received by them so far. She has no batch confirmed for June for now. 😥 Hoping something changes in next 2 weeks and we get a batch with black interiors. As of now, a black/white interior car is available in stock to be picked up.

Reactions: mpgxsvcd
Today, we lift up in prayer all those who are waiting for their VINs to be assigned to their vehicle orders. We ask for patience and perseverance in this time of waiting, knowing that each VIN brings us one step closer to experiencing the fruits of our car loans.

Bless the hands and minds that assemble these vehicles, ensuring their safe and swift completion. May the process be smooth and efficient, free from black interior delays and EPA complications. Grant those waiting the joy of soon receiving the VINs to their new M3Ps, symbols of launching it from every traffic signal.

Amen.
😂

Reactions: Sandee3
So there's no mention of trim level or power here. It's so open to interpretation, and this probably deserves a separate thread

Yes, it does. There is actually one already for Tax discussion, that is stickied and currently 22 pages long:

Do EDDs get pushed at a certain time of day? Refreshing like a madman to see how my May 17th - May 31st date is pushed. Really hoping its just pushed a day or two.
I don't think so, mines happened on early morning Sundays too... and to remine everyone please don't worry about the EDD fluctuating... people have gotten VIN's a month before the start of EDD

Reactions: mpgxsvcd and agnzt
can anybody point me to a good thread on cleaning white interior?
Will share my tried and true cleaning tips after having white for 3 years: the very best results have come from a spray bottle with hot water + few drops of dawn dish soap. Spray, wipe with micro fiber and repeat using a little elbow grease if/ when needed. I also like CarGuys “super cleaner” for just a good detail but I normally use only the dawn soap.

• Informative
Reactions: ashegam and jiren