Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm sure this has been asked in this thread already but i'm going to be that guy.......

Has anybody done a charge curve video? :)
Project for the weekend is to run the car down to <30% and charge at a V3 charger. The "running down part" is proving surprisingly challenging. In there interim, here are two curves. The one that peaks at 119 kW was going from 44%-80% at a V2 and the other is going from 62% to 90% at a V3.
IMG_66128B5BF507-1.jpeg
IMG_097E4C4B3111-1.jpeg

Project for the weekend is to run the car down to <30% and charge at a V3 charger. The "running down part" is proving surprisingly challenging. In there interim, here are two curves. The one that peaks at 119 kW was going from 44%-80% at a V2 and the other is going from 62% to 90% at a V3.
View attachment 674923View attachment 674924
LMK if you need help running it down and I'll head right over. :)

Not updated on profile, still says carbon fiber, so neither date, nor build has updated yet. He said he needed to create a case, and will likely be updated on both by end of day. I was surprised, he provided me his direct dial phone number and said if there are any issues, reach out to him personally.
Yeah that's how my guy is too, he called me a few weeks back trying to get the plaid+ downgrade going, but I already had the plaid too.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
For those of you posting only modest increases to your insurance premiums, do you have your collision deductible set fairly high? My Allstate agent quoted me a fairly significant increase which I was planning to mitigate somewhat by maxing out the deductible. I think Tesla allows $2,500.00? My driving record is clean and I've had the same insurance policy for over 25 years so...
How long have you had this insurance? If more than 3 years, definitely shop around. I just did and my insurance ( now All State) dropped by more than 30%

This from over on Twitter. The person making the comments does the Plaid testing for Tesla. Also, I wanted to highlight the bit about the LR for the folks feeling unloved.

View attachment 674945

The tester is absolutely right. I picked up on that right away. They did imply that it could not do sub 2. And it is encouraging to hear that it is a high statistical probability that it can happen from the sounds of things. If they were being genuine they should have pointed out that they were so close to 2 in their testing (within 8/100 of a second), that the car could achieve the sub 2 number. Maybe there was just some sour grapes because they did not like Tesla telling them they needed to test with VHT? Who knows but we will see a sub 2 number with a 1 ft. roll out.

Did you notice the sarcasm in the MotorTrend article at the top with the *asterisk? I think they were taking shot at the Tesla web site because it had an asterisk next to the 1.99 number. cmon, big deal. Every car magazine in US does a 1 ft. roll out. At least they put the asterisk in there! I have no issue with it whatsoever. And some people complained they did not do it for the regular model on the web site. Well, that is no big deal either as the Plaid is clearly the performance model and broke a performance bound. It was a clear benchmark number.....not just a matter of fact.

Interesting point :
"Amusingly, the Plaid launches so ferociously hard, it generates more than 1.00 g from 0.2 second to 2.6 seconds after launch, peaking at 1.227 g at 32 mph. That's more g than the car generated in its best 60-0-mph stop, which required 104 feet and peaked at 1.221 g."

All of this being said, I personally don't care for the the 1 ft. roll-out business. Everyone uses it so it has to be quoted now for apples to apples comparison.

Last edited:
View attachment 674923View attachment 674924
Omar, superb work you've been doing since getting the car

May I ask for you put a label on X axis please? Is this logged by time or state of charge?

Thanks again

The tester is absolutely right. I picked up on that right away. They did imply that it could not do sub 2. And it is encouraging to hear that it is a high statistical probability that it can happen from the sounds of things. If they were being genuine they should have pointed out that they were so close to 2 in their testing (within HUNDRETHS of a second), that the car could achieve the sub 2 number. Maybe there was just some sour grapes because they did not like Tesla telling them they needed to test with VHT? Who knows but we will see a sub 2 number with a 1 ft. roll out.

Did you notice the sarcasm in the MotorTrend article at the top with the *asterisk? I think they were taking shot at the Tesla web site because it had an asterisk next to the 1.99 number. cmon, big deal. Every car magazine in US does a 1 ft. roll out. At least they put the asterisk in there! I have no issue with it whatsoever. And some people complained they did not do it for the regular model. Well, that is no big deal either as the Plaid is clearly the performance model and broke a performance bound. It was a clear benchmark number.....not just a matter of fact.

I don't agree with that poster. When you are accelerating that fast, grip at the launch is king. It's not like the Plaid has an Ice which benefits from a bit of slip to help the engine get up into the powerband. Any slip is time lost.

Having said that, I agree, Motor Trend went overboard on their histrionics, but I still maintain, Tesla never should have had to had ANY special instructions. Take a look at this follow up article that was just released.

TLDR:

0-60 w/ rollout on un-prepped surface (their OFFICIAL number) 2.07 Seconds.
0-60, no rollout, no launch mode. Literally just slam on the gas: 2.45 seconds.

I mean, at this point, if you can do 2.45 seconds without any battery pre-conditioning, no launch control, no Cheetah stance, no VHT. Just literally slam it and go like Darryl the Hellcat driver is next to you, I think the argument is pretty much moot. And backs up my point.

Tesla didn't NEED to give them special instructions. 2.45 seconds people. With NO launch control. DO you know what happens to a 911 Turbo S if you don't use launch control? A whole second and a half.

From Car and Driver testing the 2021 911 Turbo S:

C/D TEST RESULTS
60 mph: 2.2 sec

100 mph: 5.3 sec
130 mph: 8.9 sec
150 mph: 12.5 sec
180 mph: 21.4 sec
Rolling start, 5–60 mph: 3.7 sec
Top gear, 30–50 mph: 2.0 sec
Top gear, 50–70 mph: 2.4 sec
1/4 mile: 10.1 sec @ 137 mph

No need to brag. The Plaid is freaking FAST. Look at it another way: Look at the 60 MPH time and the 130 MPH time. Now take the difference to get the 60-130 time:

6.7 Seconds.

According to Motor Trend, what did the Plaid take to do 60-130?

4.711 Seconds.

TWO SECONDS FASTER 60 to 130. People, that is HUGE.

Last edited:
View attachment 674924

If I'm looking at this right, you maintained >100kW charging to around 80%?! :eek:

Last edited:
Just got the call from Fremont, converted to wood trim, no price change, the now expect it by end of month. Fingers crossed.
Okay, for those following: I called Fremont again and asked for a change back to Wood after the error change to CF. I was insistent and after a "brief hold to talk to his manager", he confirmed that this morning a message came from corporate that this change would NOT be a cost difference. So he submitted my request. He said it would take a day or two.