Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It appears the MS orders are getting tighter delivery windows and sooner than the MSP. My MSP delivery window hasn't changed and still a 5 week window,
Feb 2- March 9th.

What's taking them so long to start producing Plaids? Do they not build the Plaids at the same time as the regular MS?

Maybe the new Plaid seats are delayed.

I dont know is it just me? I get buying new since you want it to be yours and the first owner but, Instead of waiting why not buy 2022-2023 used for like 10-15k cheaper with barely any miles? I don't see any rumors of big changes anyway and you won't have to wait.
Because at least around here, the prices of used cars do not reflect reduced pricing. Most of them are actually listed for more than the new car.

I dont know is it just me? I get buying new since you want it to be yours and the first owner but, Instead of waiting why not buy 2022-2023 used for like 10-15k cheaper with barely any miles? I don't see any rumors of big changes anyway and you won't have to wait.
I haven't seen any good deals on 2022 or 2023s. I have only seen 2021 cars that are about $20k off, usually $70k. I'm not quite convinced to jump for a $20k discount.

I haven't seen any good deals on 2022 or 2023s. I have only seen 2021 cars that are about $20k off, usually $70k. I'm not quite convinced to jump for a $20k discount.
I've seen plenty under 20k miles hovering around 70k for 2022s I put the radius from 25miles around me in NY to nationwide though when I search for vehicles. I've purchased out of state and had the car shipped over 4 times so far in my life

I've seen plenty under 20k miles hovering around 70k for 2022s I put the radius from 25miles around me in NY to nationwide though when I search for vehicles. I've purchased out of state and had the car shipped over 4 times so far in my life
I'd want to drive it first. I want to make sure it doesn't have a creaky suspension or any vibrations. My last one had both and Tesla couldn't fix it after 11 service visits.

If I get assigned that same dang,2023 car again, I'll cancel and go used.

I’m starting to wonder if the impending release of the increasingly spied Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous is driving an updated Model S Plaid. Everything for 2024 seems so strange, late, and Long Range so far.

Do we know the usual build cycle interval? Maybe nothing is unusual and they just build cars for export at the start of the quarter. That would explain no VIN assignments for the past three weeks. We know they were building cars as recently as 12/28/23. That would be a less exciting explanation of the current delay.

I haven't see this as a whole. In any year/price range, you'll see s wide range of prices. My experience with used car buying in the past is that the lowest prices a model with specific options for a year tend to have the most issues that aren't advertised with the vehicle, hence the reason for pricing below the average.

So if you're looking at used 2022s, you need to take the average price after you factor in mileage and options. That average price isn't low enough currently to justify not buying the new vehicle.

Also, buying used makes it a lot hard to invoke the lemon law. Having just gone through a buyback with Tesla on my MXP, the last thing I want is to be found in the same situation, but if for some reason lightening strikes twice, I don't want to have my options limited.

Also, buying used makes it a lot hard to invoke the lemon law. Having just gone through a buyback with Tesla on my MXP, the last thing I want is to be found in the same situation, but if for some reason lightening strikes twice, I don't want to have my options limited.
I hear that Tesla is more willing to do a buyback once, but the second time might be much harder. I didn't find a single lawyer that was willing to take on my buyback case. I just got lucky that Tesla was willing to do it without legal pressure.