Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@WilliamG , Thanks. Good to know. I'm gathering as much info as I can from those that goeth before me!!!

Oof, well don't use me as a font of information. I just repeat everything I read on the Internet anyway. But one thing I know for sure (or I think I know) - mud flaps, please! Those front wheels stick out so far from the fender it's hilarious.

Even having the VIN, signed MVPA and delivery date confirmed I’m waking up randomly at night and checking if it’s gone or not 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Wait...what? You have white seats and carbon fiber interior trim and you have a VIN?????? I see your ext color is black but that's no issue...black vs. white ext; thought it's the white seats now that are holding things up until Sept/Oct?

Last edited:
Adding another data point here. I'm in the RN1147 group and my delivery estimate updated this morning to "August." My specs are LR Solid Black with all black interior and 19" wheels being delivered to western Pennsylvania. For what it's worth, I've also added FSD, but I can't see why something purely software would affect delivery times unless "revenue earned" is a prioritization factor.

The "Data.Registration" object within my account page's source code has "vehicleMapId": 2826xxxx element, but no VIN listed. I'm not sure if these have any predictive power. If you're interested in getting that data point, you can do the following:
  • Open the console
    • Chrome: Command + Option + J on a Mac, Control + Shift + J on a PC
    • Firefox: Command + Shift + J on a Mac, Control + Shift + J on a PC
    • Safari: Option + Command + C
  • Type in Tesla.ProductF.Data.Registration.result.vehicleMapId and press enter.
You'll either get a number or undefined, depending on whether the value is there. Would be curious where others who have recently updated delivery estimates land.

Within my account page's source code has "vehicleMapId": 29690xxx and I also do not have a VIN.
Do you know what this number means ?
Edit: Nvm I read your reply from a couple hours ago. :)

Last edited:
Adding another data point here. I'm in the RN1147 group and my delivery estimate updated this morning to "August." My specs are LR Solid Black with all black interior and 19" wheels being delivered to western Pennsylvania. For what it's worth, I've also added FSD, but I can't see why something purely software would affect delivery times unless "revenue earned" is a prioritization factor.

The "Data.Registration" object within my account page's source code has "vehicleMapId": 2826xxxx element, but no VIN listed. I'm not sure if these have any predictive power. If you're interested in getting that data point, you can do the following:
  • Open the console
    • Chrome: Command + Option + J on a Mac, Control + Shift + J on a PC
    • Firefox: Command + Shift + J on a Mac, Control + Shift + J on a PC
    • Safari: Option + Command + C
  • Type in Tesla.ProductF.Data.Registration.result.vehicleMapId and press enter.
You'll either get a number or undefined, depending on whether the value is there. Would be curious where others who have recently updated delivery estimates land.
302231xxx

MSLR black on black 21inch wheels. Kansas city Mo

Was blank till about 6/15 with an EDD of September. This past Monday, 7/26 I showed 14 day ranges.

7/26 showed 8/10-8/24
7/27 showed 8/11-8/25
7/28 showed 8/12-8/26
7/29 showed 8/13-8/27
7/30 showed 8/14-8/28
7/31showed 8/15-8/29
8/1 showed 8/16-8/30
8/2 (today) still shows 8/16-8/30

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Hello, new member here. I ordered my in the beginning of July and it said estimated delivery for July until yesterday. Now blank. RN11529XXXX. MSM 21's, white with carbon. Hope it comes this month. Was kind of caught off guard with that estimated July delivery date right after ordering.
Going to be a while. You've been hooked with Tesla's "July Est Delivery" which now went blank. Hope you have another vehicle to drive for several months before taking delivery of your new Tesla MS -- white with CF trim...unless maybe you have black seats? Only then could you possibly take delivery in the next 4-8 weeks; otherwise, you're likely looking at Oct at the earliest and could be much later like Dec, 2021 - Jan or Feb, 2022. Just be prepared to be disappointed for a while. I ordered on 2/5/21 and look at my config in my signature. My Tesla account has been blank for months and I am told (by my local SC Mgr and FL RM) to be ready for a mid-Sept - mid-Oct delivery. I wish I had a VIN but no, nothing, nada for 6 months now.

I have August EDD and my number is 310405xx.
What does this number mean?
Unfortunately, I'm not sure. I'm collecting all of the data points now and will share in a moment to see if our collective brainpower can back into a meaningful interpretation.

My best guess is that is has something to do with the internal mapping from reservation to factory runs/eventual VINs. It's kind of hard to determine based off of responses so far. More info soon, hopefully!

Can we please start calling what they are? Stone Guards.

In 10 years, I'll market my used MSLR as "Stone Washed Red"

1627942396576.png

Unfortunately, I'm not sure. I'm collecting all of the data points now and will share in a moment to see if our collective brainpower can back into a meaningful interpretation.

My best guess is that is has something to do with the internal mapping from reservation to factory runs/eventual VINs. It's kind of hard to determine based off of responses so far. More info soon, hopefully!

Ok I've created a new sheet in the master Google doc below, second tab.

It would be helpful for people who post their vehicleMapId to also post their RN if it's not in their profile, thanks. (Order date too, if possible).

So far it looks like this ID is chronological, based on original order date and reservation number. But more data would be helpful.

For those catching on this thread, look for vehicleMapId in your browser's inspector/console while viewing your account order page.

Going to be a while. You've been hooked with Tesla's "July Est Delivery" which now went blank. Hope you have another vehicle to drive for several months before taking delivery of your new Tesla MS -- white with CF trim...unless maybe you have black seats? Only then could you possibly take delivery in the next 4-8 weeks; otherwise, you're likely looking at Oct at the earliest and could be much later like Dec, 2021 - Jan or Feb, 2022. Just be prepared to be disappointed for a while. I ordered on 2/5/21 and look at my config in my signature. My Tesla account has been blank for months and I am told (by my local SC Mgr and FL RM) to be ready for a mid-Sept - mid-Oct delivery. I wish I had a VIN but no, nothing, nada for 6 months now.
A friend of mine already took delivery of his. Blue with white interior. 21's. wood trim. took delivery 7/24.

It would be helpful for people who post their vehicleMapId to also post their RN if it's not in their profile, thanks. (Order date too, if possible).

So far it looks like this ID is chronological, based on original order date and reservation number. But more data would be helpful.

For those catching on this thread, look for vehicleMapId in your browser's inspector/console while viewing your account order page.

Not very active here, but have been following. updated sheet with my data.

A friend of mine already took delivery of his. Blue with white interior. 21's. wood trim. took delivery 7/24.
As SFLGator said, we have a difficult combination. I have white, white interior and carbon fiber on 21's. I ordered the Plaid + and then as it was cancelled switched to the Plaid .. July 6th I believe. My SA told me I would get a car in a couple of weeks. I have no dates showing now and have not gotten any replies to my questions from Tesla. Luckily I am keeping my P85 and I am in no hurry for the car. Being in Arizona it is summer all year. Also with the stock going up in the EV sector, every couple of days they have been buying me a new car. I had a similar wait in 2014. I still refresh a few times per day to see if any change has occured, NOPE.

Updated with the collated results from the responses I've seen so far! There's a lot of missing data in there, so please continue to update and add more responses as they become available.

Best I can tell from looking at the responses is that the RN stub and the Vehicle Map ID are linked and monotonically increasing but don't appear to have much of an impact on estimated delivery date. I'm starting to wonder if the RN is just the "business" side of the house while the Vehicle Map ID actually links the reservation to a car that will be eventually be manufactured, but has no real bearing on the timeline itself.

I'd be interested in seeing what would happen if someone who already has a Vehicle Map ID changes something in their configuration. My hypothesis is that the RN wouldn't change, but a new Vehicle Map ID would be generated. This way, the reservation can be decoupled from the actual build (and eventually the VIN).

Anybody itching to switch from 19" to 21" wheels and willing to be our experiment?