Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Take it for what’s it’s worth. Lots of rumors and things that are being said by SA’s…… Here’s a post from FB.

And then here's a guy that just took delivery of a 2024 MS, contradicting the screenshot info.

Attachments

• IMG_7947.png
    IMG_7947.png
    765.3 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:
Reactions: 690MBCOMMANDO
Take it for what’s it’s worth. Lots of rumors and things that are being said by SA’s…… Here’s a post from FB.

And then here's a guy that just took delivery of a 2024 MS, contradicting the screenshot info.
Video looks good, like we expected. No changes except the horn. It sounded like it was a test drive. So they may not be able to sell them yet....

So that the order could convert from 2023 to 2024 at the same price. Tesla could not do it unilaterally - it required acceptance of the new terms by the customer. They obviously knew that the price increase was coming a week later, so a deadline was needed for customers to accept the new terms or not. If you did not accept, the email stated your order fee would be reimbursed. I’m not sure why this is hard.
Because people who locked in at the same time would be upset. There are always people upset with changes as Tesla doesn't build 1 million cars, dump them on dealerships, and wash their hands of price changes or changes to the car until the next model year.

I was one of the first 3,000 Tesla customers in history. When it came time for the Supercharging transfer last year, they would not extend the transfer window for original Signature customers who still owned their car to buy a new car and still qualify. I knew the center horn was coming very soon which I really wanted but they refused to extend the deadline a month. That's just how Tesla operates. No loyalty shown to even early customers even.

True, good point. Though, I thought they honored all the Plaid preorders at $120k when they raised prices to $130k. They cancelled the plaid plus.
I had a Plaid Plus on order. At first they simply canceled the Plaid Plus orders and asked "Do you want a Plaid and the new higher price?" Only after people complained did they come out and tell Plaid Plus customers they could order a Plaid at the original Plaid price (which was lower). They had canceled the Plaid Plus and then raised the price of the Plaid $10,000 or so. Can't remember exactly. I canceled the entire order anyway.

Reactions: aerodyne
I don't think so. I think pricing is locked in when you submit the order. The website still shows the original pricing and I haven't confirmed anything about delivery.
Maybe that's if you're inside your original window. The people who refused initial delivery and pushed it back 2 weeks seem to be caught when the price increases.

Reactions: zoomer0056
Maybe that's if you're inside your original window. The people who refused initial delivery and pushed it back 2 weeks seem to be caught when the price increases.
I refused delivery and put my order on hold for two weeks. My order still shows the original $89k price with UR. I did accept the order changes on Jan 6th.

2024 MSLR definitely has Drag Strip mode.
There's that post on facebook talking about not being able to sell the MSLR until a Feb 14th software update. They might be taking away the drag strip mode. Though, the odd question is why the heck the EPA would have to test the car in drag strip mode anyway.... It's clearly for the drag strip. I guess VW / emissions defeat devices, etc... but still. Come on.

Reactions: dn325ci
Though, the odd question is why the heck the EPA would have to test the car in drag strip mode anyway.... It's clearly for the drag strip.
And track mode is clearly for the track, but yet some people use it on the streets. I'm pretty sure the new EPA rules are that they have to test every mode that the driver can drive in. Where before I think they only had to test "sticky" modes, i.e. where it stayed in that mode through a power cycle. (Chill, Standard, Sport, Insane, etc. are "sticky" modes.)

• Informative
Reactions: sorka
There's that post on facebook talking about not being able to sell the MSLR until a Feb 14th software update. They might be taking away the drag strip mode. Though, the odd question is why the heck the EPA would have to test the car in drag strip mode anyway.... It's clearly for the drag strip. I guess VW / emissions defeat devices, etc... but still. Come on.
If the Facebook post is accurate, I believe this will be the 2nd time this year for delaying sales until a firmware update is installed.

It will be just like other changes they have made. New vehicles don't have the option to dial down regen, but old cars get to keep that ability. I think they even removed roll stopping mode on current vehicles.

2024s absolutely will have different software.

This is what I figured but not what I hoped as it leaves the door open for them to have actually made a change in '24s that really reduce range that does not apply to '21-'23s.

Reactions: MP3Mike