Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Plaid Track Package Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Reactions: oktane
My understanding is that Tesla is supposed to bed them in for us. That was a post I read somewhere else from a person that just had them installed.
Forget they even did anything and proceed with the instructions above. Same way you get work done and immediately go out and verify it was completed properly on any other part of your car.

I suspect they were just venting, like many of us would be if we had our time wasted like this. For me, the $20k is not nearly as important as having my time wasted. For Tesla, $20k wouldn’t qualify as a speck of dust that one might wipe from their shoes on a welcome mat… but time? For many of us, time is one of the most important assets we have.

What did you expect for your 20k? They don't give a crap about you if you dropped 110-150k on a Plaid, why would they worry about you now? You are already captive to the brand.

I suspect they were just venting, like many of us would be if we had our time wasted like this. For me, the $20k is not nearly as important as having my time wasted. For Tesla, $20k wouldn’t qualify as a speck of dust that one might wipe from their shoes on a welcome mat… but time? For many of us, time is one of the most important assets we have.
I totally understand what you are saying. I share their frustration but once I realized Tesla doesn't give a rat's butt about any of us, it made it easier to set my expectations appropriately. Maybe 5 years ago, Tesla worried about their customers enough. Maybe if you get the random SC who has employees that care and have enough time to care, you might have a good experience.

My opinion of Tesla bottomed out (and pretty much remained there) when they delivered my brand new S and the driver's door panel gap was so tight you couldn't open the door and when you finally did it popped so hard. That is when I realized they don't give a shite about what leaves the factory. There is no way anyone who got in the car couldn't have been aware of that issue. Not the factory, not the delivery driver, not the SC who PDI'd the car, let alone the delivery driver. It was a big fail at every chance they had to catch it. Then when it took over a month to get fixed, I knew I'd likely be looking elsewhere for my next new car.

So my track pack will be done at the same SC who delivered my car in such a terrible state. You can bet your assets I'll be going over the install with a fine-tooth comb before I take delivery of my car after the CCB install. I hope I am pleasantly surprised with the outcome.

Good luck!

Ask if they are going to bed the brakes as part of the install or if that is something you have to do on your own. I'd want them to do it so if there is any issue with the brakes, they can't blame you.