Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wonderful, big thanks for the pics.

Your car looks similar to @beths11 to me. So a gap behind the rear seats and, yes, no floor-mounted cargo hooks as you say.

Not sure which floor hooks you're referring to however I went and looked at the 5 seater today in person and the rear of the 2nd row has hooks for the child seats in the back of the seat. So while there isn't a hook on the back of the 2nd row you could strap things down with they are there on the 2nd row and should work just the same. If those aren't the hooks you're talking about then never mind :)

I'm scheduled to pick up my 5-seater on Wednesday. So, I'll take a look.

Speaking of looking ... my co-worker went over the Tesla SC on Sunday and spied my Model X in the service lot. He took a few pictures. In one of them, there was a curious sticker (see attached). We can make out ...

"MidWest 12/18
-> Repair
KG -> Ja ... ++ (FC)"

Any ideas on what that means? I'm curious what they need to repair (so I can check to see if it has been done when I pick it up).

F4B8TS

Attachments

• Model X Sticker.jpg
    Model X Sticker.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 121
Rear shelving alert: the rear platform for my five seat Model x is being installed tomorrow. I am accepting requests for any picture angles anyone wants to see.
My understanding is that I am having the super advanced, double improved version of the five seat shelving: much better than the rear platform shelving installed for cars in December
Can't wait to see it!

Rear shelving alert: the rear platform for my five seat Model x is being installed tomorrow. I am accepting requests for any picture angles anyone wants to see.
My understanding is that I am having the super advanced, double improved version of the five seat shelving: much better than the rear platform shelving installed for cars in December

Put one of these in there and we can really get a sense for it ;)

I'd like to see photos from front and back of the cargo area floor in the lower position, with and without the cover for the 'well' storage area at the back. Also a photo of that 'well' area without the cover.

I'm interested in knowing if we will get a truly flat area with the lower floor condition. With the lower floor contoured as we have previously seen, it looked to me that you would need two different covers for the rear portion. One wider one for the upper position and then a narrower one for the lower position that would fit into that recess around the 'well' area at the back.

Thanks is advance for the photos. Hoping this will clear up my issues with that lower floor which I expect will be my most common use case.

Photo request: Rear / Back cover in place. Mid cargo cargo cover removed. Photo taken as a Top Down: where the camera is on the ceiling & facing down -- looking down at the storage area. Goal: reveal how large the "gap" is between the rear panel & the bottom area where the 3rd row would have been. Maybe add a ruler in the frame, for reference. Will Thumb Up your photo(s).

I'm scheduled to pick up my 5-seater on Wednesday. So, I'll take a look.

Speaking of looking ... my co-worker went over the Tesla SC on Sunday and spied my Model X in the service lot. He took a few pictures. In one of them, there was a curious sticker (see attached). We can make out ...

"MidWest 12/18
-> Repair
KG -> Ja ... ++ (FC)"

Any ideas on what that means? I'm curious what they need to repair (so I can check to see if it has been done when I pick it up).

F4B8TS

Your airbags may explode with dental records being the only way to identify you.

Takata Airbag Recall - Everything You Need to Know

Not sure which floor hooks you're referring to however I went and looked at the 5 seater today in person and the rear of the 2nd row has hooks for the child seats in the back of the seat. So while there isn't a hook on the back of the 2nd row you could strap things down with they are there on the 2nd row and should work just the same. If those aren't the hooks you're talking about then never mind :)

I am not referring those, but these on the floor - middle of the image:

model-x-5-seat-6.png

img]

FIVE SEAT REAR TRUNK FLOORING REPORT:
Alas, I headed up to the Sunnyvale, CA Tesla service center this morning for my much anticipated appointment to have the rear trunk flooring installed. The result? They had the wrong part that not only did not fit a Model X 6 seater, 7 seater, or 5 seater, but did not fit a Model S. It did not fit in the 5 seat Model X as upper shelving either. I have attached photographs of the mystery piece. It folds in 3 spots. At one point there were 6 Tesla mechanics looking at it and trying to see if it fit in my car. Apparently, matters go more smoothly up there in the Oregon of beths11.

IMG_2524.JPG
IMG_2524.JPG
IMG_2525.JPG
IMG_2524.JPG
IMG_2525.JPG

"Did they even have the vertical panel that goes behind the second row seat?"

They had zilch other than the folding panel.

"Maybe it belongs to a Model-3?"

That's what we all thought: "maybe an advance peek t the model 3 shelf!" It definitely is not,

"Did they even have the vertical panel that goes behind the second row seat?"

They had zilch other than the folding panel.

"Maybe it belongs to a Model-3?"

That's what we all thought: "maybe an advance peek t the model 3 shelf!" It definitely is not,
Wow, somebody is very confused. Thanks for the pictures, it actually looks like my piece except it folds. The forgot to put the piece which runs perpendicular to the floor and behind the seats for the panel to sit on.

I also think that they have it backwards as the edge with the lip should mate with the standard rear panel and remove the current gap which I have.

Now what is the SC's next move?

FIVE SEAT REAR TRUNK FLOORING REPORT:
Alas, I headed up to the Sunnyvale, CA Tesla service center this morning for my much anticipated appointment to have the rear trunk flooring installed. The result? They had the wrong part that not only did not fit a Model X 6 seater, 7 seater, or 5 seater, but did not fit a Model S. It did not fit in the 5 seat Model X as upper shelving either. I have attached photographs of the mystery piece. It folds in 3 spots. At one point there were 6 Tesla mechanics looking at it and trying to see if it fit in my car. Apparently, matters go more smoothly up there in the Oregon of beths11.

View attachment 211299 View attachment 211299 View attachment 211300 View attachment 211299 View attachment 211300
I think that is part of the parcel shelf for the original Xs.
Model X parcel shelf
If they are not doing anything with it, they could send it my way.

• Informative
Reactions: beths11 and krouebi